Tech: Gottlieb

David

Hi all,

Well I fixed the constant beeping problem on the Monte Carlo I picked
up. It turned out to be the U4 chip (Riot 6532) on the cpu board. I
tracked it down to a bad IRQ signal on pin 4 of U4. Thank god for
those "marvin" manuals ... what a great help.

Ok so now that the pin is booting I am having a couple of switch
problems. There are two holes that are not kicking out when the ball
sits in them. They are marked as being switches 25 & 35. They don't
come up in test mode as being closed ... actually switches 05 and 65
do?? I really haven't had a lot of time to locate the problem yet but
thought I would ask opinions as I am at work and really bored. You can
see the switch matrix at http://www.uoguelph.ca/~djwoods/

I know the coils are good at 25 and 35 because I tried grounding them
out and they both fire so it must be a switch issue. On a quick glance
I didn't notice any cut wires but really haven't had a close look yet.
If anyone has any quick suggestions for me to try in the morning it
would be appreciated.

Have a great night all!

Thanks
David

Check all the switches in the column.
I suspect a wheel switch to be closed or have a bad diode.

Peter