TECH: Sega Daytona II/Model 3 Step 2.1 hardware

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I purchased an "Emergency Call Ambulance" kit, designed to upgrade a
Daytona II: Power Edition off Ebay.

Seller didn't make sure tubes of chips/ROMS were secure, consequently
an entire tube of chips fell out in box and rattled around in there
all the way to me in Canada.

10+ chips had the hell bent out of the pins. I have managed to
reasonably straighten them, but am concerned about a few of them.

Question is - these appear to be customs Sega ROMS. Can they be
replaced with an off-the-shelf ROM? I have an EPROM burner, not sure
if it can handle chips this big.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hi,

> Question is - these appear to be customs Sega ROMS. Can they be
> replaced with an off-the-shelf ROM? I have an EPROM burner, not sure
> if it can handle chips this big.

They are 32MBIT Mask roms, so yes you can duplicate them, the bad news is
you need to use m27c322_100F1 eproms which cost a small fortune! So not
worth it to be honest, unless you buy a huge qty of them.

Also your Eprom programmer, probably can't handle 42pin 32MBIT eprom.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Thanks for the response. I am going to confirm whether the ones I have
are OK or not. Apparently these are still available from SEGA. They
didn't tell me a price though.