Question Technical problem with performance - WOW

Sep 14, 2024
Hello, i have a big technical problem with playing World of Warcraft.

I thought that the problem is in the PC but problem might be in my setup / windows / nvidia / amd / game settings.

I play on 3 monitors .
Primary monitor is my 55inch TV with 120hz , put through HDMI cabel to graphics card. 55" (LG OLED55C12). I play with HDR on , 3840 x 2160 pixels.
Other 2 monitors are old random samsungs 24 inches with 60 Hz. Both put on hdmi cable with DVI-D extension to graphics card.

I have tried to put only primary monitor up while both other disconntected and also exchaning cables. Didnt work.

Just to say this. I play all kind of games, League of Legends, Battlefield 2042 , Counter-Strike , Hunt Showdown, Mordhau etc.
There isnt a single problem playing all these types of game.

But when I turn on World of Warcraft the battle begins. Even if I put graphics on low 1/10 the game still gives me very little fps.
In Dornagal / Orgrimmar it falls under 60 fps. Cant even speak about raiding . On 1/10 graphics it felt more like powerpoint presentation then playing actual game.
I keep getting micro-stuttering in dungeons and in zones with more players. It is really annoying.
I have tried to play with graphics , i have tried to play with turning off and on addons. Nothing helps

Many articles, forum posts , youtube videos, nothing helped . I seriously thought that problem is my primary PC :
SPECS :
ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 O24GB White
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
G.SKILL 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 NEO AMD EXPO
GIGABYTE B650 GAMING X AX V2
Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB - 2X+

but no. I have tried another PC with similar build , but with 4070 and AMD 5800 and the games still behaves same which I think might be problem in my monitor setup, but then why all other games run ok only this one dont ?
Could it be HDR ? Resolution scaling ? I am starting to losing my mind

All new games runes smoooothly on my setup, only this 20 year old game is giving me ickes .

Of course all drivers are uptaded, just as Bios.

Would be welcome for all kind of help.

Last edited:

TeamRed2024

Great
Aug 12, 2024
I agree with the above comment. WoW runs on a potato. Odd that you are having these issues. It could be your monitor setup?

I also play WoW on occasion... but I run my 48" OLED at 60hz in 4K because my eyes don't see any difference at 120hz. I've tested it. That being said... no problems holding 60 fps at max 10 Ultra settings across the board.

Any reason you're running at 120hz? That "could" be it... but I dunno. It certainly isn't your CPU or GPU.