News TechTuber Benchmarks Core i7-11700 Qualifying Sample

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I think there is no need to speculate much longer since we are approaching March, and that is when the product will be released. Looking forward to see its performance, but I think we can skip the power testing because its going to be a power hog with the aged 14nm. So from a power efficiency standpoint, I think it is still not going to catch up with AMD in my opinion.

I think there is no need to speculate much longer since we are approaching March, and that is when the product will be released. Looking forward to see its performance, but I think we can skip the power testing because its going to be a power hog with the aged 14nm. So from a power efficiency standpoint, I think it is still not going to catch up with AMD in my opinion.
Maximum power peak and energy efficiency are completely different things.
It's like looking at the door of a house and saying that everybody inside has to be as tall and as wide as the door is, that's just not how it works.
For power efficiency the 10900 (underclocked 10900k) finishes the same amount of work with the same amount of power as an 5800x or the O/C 5900x.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-9-5900x/19.html
efficiency-multithread.png