Question Tecware Forge M case fans

fromage123

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
Hello
So I've recently built a new PC with a Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX motherboard and Tecware Forge M case.
I've set up a custom fan curve in the BIOS for the CPU and case fans but the case fans do not seem to follow this. I am not getting a RPM reading from the case fans either but I believe this is because the cable connecting the fan hub in the case to the motherboard doesn't have sufficient pins.
Now in the BIOS menu the custom fan curve is being applied to all fans, it's only when I boot normally to Winows 11 that this is being overriden and the case fans go back to their defualt settings. As far as I am aware, I don't have any additional software that should be affecting the case fans.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Any help will be really appreciated, thanks.

worstalentscout

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2016
Hello
So I've recently built a new PC with a Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX motherboard and Tecware Forge M case.
I've set up a custom fan curve in the BIOS for the CPU and case fans but the case fans do not seem to follow this. I am not getting a RPM reading from the case fans either but I believe this is because the cable connecting the fan hub in the case to the motherboard doesn't have sufficient pins.
Now in the BIOS menu the custom fan curve is being applied to all fans, it's only when I boot normally to Winows 11 that this is being overriden and the case fans go back to their defualt settings. As far as I am aware, I don't have any additional software that should be affecting the case fans.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this? Any help will be really appreciated, thanks.

the case fans that came with the case ?.................they're junk anyway, just throw them out.........

fromage123

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2014
the exact cable/connection.

fans either use 3pin or 4pin.
any 2pin cable being used is going to be proprietary and need some proprietary connection.

I'll attach some photos of the cable from the fan hub to the mobo, the case fan remote, and the settings I'm using in the BIOS.
View: https://imgur.com/a/uWZnR7v

I've done some experimenting with these settings and it's a bit weird. The mobo is a Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4.

So the connector cable seems to actually be 3 pin sockets not 2, which was my mistake as I only saw the 2 cables. It's plugged into the 4 pin connector Sys_fan 3 on the mobo.

In terms of BIOS settings - as you can see from the picture this is how I've set it up.
  • With these specific settings, in the BIOS menu I can control the case fans. The "Control Mode" has to be set to PMW - both Auto and Voltage don't work and the case fans resume to their default speed.
  • In terms of the remote - this must be set to "Fan Auto" for the BIOS settings to control the case fans, "M/B sync" only seems to affect the RGBs and "Fan +/-" changes the default speed of the case fans (either can be slow or fast). No other buttons seem to affect the fans.
  • If I boot to Windows with these BIOS settings, the case fans reset to their default speeds.
  • If I boot to Windows with "Control Mode" set to Voltage the case fans turn off (RGB still works)
  • If I boot to Windows with "Control Mode" set to Auto nothing changes as with these settings the case fans are still at default speed in BIOS menu and remain so after boot up.
Thanks for helping so far, please lmk if you need any more detail/info.