Tegra 3 Powering Audi's Vehicle Infotainment, Instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
What type of processors are used as ECUs these days?
my 2006 Impala uses Junk for a ecu. They usually don't use any name brand stuff that i know. its a cool development none the less. i want my new car to have 5ghz IBM cell processor!

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]archange[/nom]This is actually pretty darn cool; not to mention bold.[/citation]

[citation][nom]youssef 2010[/nom]It could also be in Italic if you like.[/citation]

If you desire you can choose underline as well or a combo

Happy Friday!

dmk2000

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Most of modern cars ECU's are powered by one or another form of custome ARM anyway so it is not a big deal. As someone said it before me, by 2013, Tegra 3 will be old technology, so what is good about it?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]dmk2000[/nom]Most of modern cars ECU's are powered by one or another form of custome ARM anyway so it is not a big deal. As someone said it before me, by 2013, Tegra 3 will be old technology, so what is good about it?[/citation]
The Tegra 3 will not be used on the ECU.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
[citation][nom]cmartin011[/nom]my 2006 Impala uses Junk for a ecu. They usually don't use any name brand stuff that i know. its a cool development none the less. i want my new car to have 5ghz IBM cell processor![/citation]
The processors used on vehicle electronics have different requirements then those used on everyday PCs/gaming consoles. Some of them are safety critical (e.g. the ecu, airbag ecu, abs ecu, etc..) and have to have a high reliability over a wide range of conditions. The processors are usually picked with enough performance/features for the desired application. The brands are know through the industry but they are usually less known to the final consumer.. because the end-user doesn't use it to build pcs or whatever..

Status
Not open for further replies.