Temperature issues.Please Help

Nate Na-Kun

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Im having issues with my temperatures.I have an Intel Core i5-750 With a Corsair H60 cooler, Gigabyte P55-usb3 mobo, Nvid Geforce Gtx650 Ti Boost, 2x2Gb Gskill Ram.I just want to kno w how i can lower my temps because when playing ArchAge at medium setting at 42% load i get 60c but then it just gets hotter and hotter got up to 80c and just turned the game off.Stays around 50c with 3% load. my cpu voltage is at 1.136V , 2.67ghz

Im sorry i didnt clarify. Its the CPU

Solution
Is the side panel still on? If so, and if your area is relatively safe from pets and kids, take it off. At least until you can sort the issue out. It will probably drop temps quite a bit more.

As a more permanent solution, here's what I'd really recommend. If possible, mount the radiator on the inside at the TOP of the case, over the fan location nearest to the front of the case. Mount the fan on the outside of the case blowing into the radiator from the outside with the case pinched in between the fan and radiator. Return your exhaust fan to the location at the rear of the case as exhaust. Install another fan in the other top case fan location next to the radiator, blowing out (Exhaust). And of course use your front fan location or...
What is the model number of your case and are all the case fans operating properly with the fan speeds actually increasing as temperatures increase. Where do you have the H60 radiator and fan mounted and in what configuration? Exhaust, intake? Locations? Obviously something isn't right with the cooling setup.

Perhaps you have a bad mount job on the heatsink for the CPU cooler or misapplied the thermal paste. How much thermal paste was used? Only a rice grain sized amount should be used on modern CPUs with much smaller die sizes than what used to be common. A pea sized amount is probably too much and correct tension between the heatsink and cpu lid is important as well.

Where do you have the power for the CPU cooler pump attached? CPU fan header, 4 pin molex, case fan header?

Nate Na-Kun

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
All case fans are working.Mount job perfectly executed, i double checkd the mounting and heatsink to cpu coverage and its all 100%
I have the h60 setup in exhaust but have it as intake and my top two fans as exhaust.
i bought thermal paste but i saw that it came with some pre applied so i just left it alone.
Pump in 3 pin sys fan1
radiator fan in 4pin cpu fan

UPDATE: i just turn my computer to its side and im already getting MUCH cooler temps but who know how long it will laste

What does that even mean? Heh. Now I'M confused as to what's going on. Where is the radiator mounted and are the fans blowing out of the case or sucking into the case through the radiator? An image of the configuration along with some info regarding the direction of airflow would be helpful.

Nate Na-Kun

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
H60 has one fan. with my case it can only be put on the back of the computer where its stock exhaust. put i put the fan to blow outside air into the Radiator->Case.

Top case fans are blowing out

Front case fans are blowing in

Radiator fan is in back of computer blowing in

Yeah, that's probably just a Noctua sticker on the case, they don't make cases. They make fans, cpu coolers and related accessories but I've never heard of a Noctua case and can find no evidence of there ever having been one. Any chance you can snap a pics of the case fan locations including the radiator configuration and post them here. Use tinypic or similar website to host the images and then link to it from your thread reply. You can't do it if you click the quick reply, you need to click post an answer and then the toolbar options will be available. I just have a sneaking suspicion that the problem isn't with what you have, it's an issue related to the configuration or arrangement.

Nate Na-Kun

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
Might have to buy a camera i dont have anything that can do so not even my phone (the camera is broken) but so far laying the ccomputer on its side gives me around 15c degrees lower

Is the side panel still on? If so, and if your area is relatively safe from pets and kids, take it off. At least until you can sort the issue out. It will probably drop temps quite a bit more.

As a more permanent solution, here's what I'd really recommend. If possible, mount the radiator on the inside at the TOP of the case, over the fan location nearest to the front of the case. Mount the fan on the outside of the case blowing into the radiator from the outside with the case pinched in between the fan and radiator. Return your exhaust fan to the location at the rear of the case as exhaust. Install another fan in the other top case fan location next to the radiator, blowing out (Exhaust). And of course use your front fan location or locations as intake.

Make absolutely certain all fans are blowing in the correct direction. If that doesn't correct temps there is something else going on but I suspect that the radiator being directly next to the cpu and blowing hot air almost directly onto it and past the upper intakes you currently have configured is completely screwing up directional airflow and creating eddies of hot air within the case and in the area of the cpu.

Solution