[SOLVED] Temperature issues

Aug 11, 2019
I was talking with a friend and he reported temperature issues especially on GPU...For example he showed me that when he starts ''Dead by Daylight'' his GPU gets to 65+ degrees Celsius when he's on the menu of the game.So you can imagine what's happening when he's actually running the game.I told him to send me HWMonitor stats and i didn't notice CPU or Mobo temp,voltage issues.For a Ryzen 5 1600 with Stock cooler and without changing thermal paste for more than a year,he had normal temps.
I know that he never cleaned his PC for more than a year so maybe dust can be an issue but 70 degrees on a start-up menu for a RX 570 it's actually tragic temps.I don't think dust can be such a problem...And he never had problems with blue screens etc.

So please let me know what you think the problem is and what he should do.Maybe i forgot to write some details so ask me for anything.

PC Specs:
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
Ryzen 5 1600 (probably with Wraith Spire Cooler) NOT OC
RX 570 8GB OC
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8GB 2800MHz DDR4
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
Unknown PC Case with 2 fans (One on front and one behind)
He said that he uses a CoolerMaster power supply 500W not sure about the model.
Resolution: 1080p/60Hz with HDMI Connection.
Windows 10 64-bit

Solution
Yes, trying to overclock.

Graphics card heatsink that is full of dust.

Fans that are not correctly configured or are getting weak.

Poor cable management inside the case, blocking airflow.

Bad drivers.

Bad BIOS release versions.
Unknown PC Case with 2 fans (One on front and one behind)

This is the most likely issue. It's hard to say much of anything without knowing or at least SEEING what case he has and what size/model the case fans are. It would also help to know whether the PSU is properly installed with the intake fan facing down rather than into the case, unless it is a small form factor case or other specialty form factor that doesn't allow for this.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)There's really no excuse for going that long without cleaning out a PC; that's one of the responsibilities of owning one - of course dust buildup is going to be an issue.
2)How is the airflow set up in this case? Front intake, rear exhaust?
3)Is the front intake filtered at all? Is the front panel open mesh, or closed off?
4)Does the case sit on the floor(worse for dust buildup), or is it elevated?
5)Does the case include a psu shroud? These actually increase gpu temps.

Aug 11, 2019
This is the most likely issue. It's hard to say much of anything without knowing or at least SEEING what case he has and what size/model the case fans are. It would also help to know whether the PSU is properly installed with the intake fan facing down rather than into the case, unless it is a small form factor case or other specialty form factor that doesn't allow for this.
He has two 12cm fans one front and one behind...I'm pretty sure that the PSU is properly installed.I can't be 100% sure tho because it's not mine and i can't have access to it now.

Aug 11, 2019
1)There's really no excuse for going that long without cleaning out a PC; that's one of the responsibilities of owning one - of course dust buildup is going to be an issue.
2)How is the airflow set up in this case? Front intake, rear exhaust?
3)Is the front intake filtered at all? Is the front panel open mesh, or closed off?
4)Does the case sit on the floor(worse for dust buildup), or is it elevated?
5)Does the case include a psu shroud? These actually increase gpu temps.
Probably a filter on front...Two 12cm fans one front-one behind...The case sits on the floor and I don't think it has a PSU Shroud...Anyway i don't think that airflow and dust is the main problem because it's CPU and Mobo temps are kinda normal.Only the RX570 seems to increase temps like crazy.

Aug 11, 2019
I will need some time for it.I'll let you know when i get some pictures.
Is there any other possible problem which can cause a GPU to overheat for basically nothing?