[SOLVED] TEMPS 3070 TI ROG STRIX

Mar 18, 2022
Are temps of 75-78C normal for a rog strix 3070 ti with fans at 85-90% at 100% load in furmark normal?
In warzone temps of 69 under 100% load normal with fans at 77%?

Why if the gpu is at 100% in both programs the temp is higher in furmark?

Solution
all depends on your chassis and your system-wide cooling setup.
if there isn't enough cool outside air being brought into the system that the GPU can make use of it then the temperatures will start high and remain high.
also if there isn't enough heated air being exhausted out of the system the GPU will continue to recycle the same heated air and just get warmer and warmer over time.

many will claim that anything under 80°C is "normal" for a graphics card.

i'd say your Furmark temps are perfectly normal for any average gaming system.
but getting near 70° with a game like Warzone would seem very high for one of my builds.
i try to keep at 60°C max for gaming, low 70s for stressing.
Why if the gpu is at 100% in both programs the...
if there isn't enough cool outside air being brought into the system that the GPU can make use of it then the temperatures will start high and remain high.
also if there isn't enough heated air being exhausted out of the system the GPU will continue to recycle the same heated air and just get warmer and warmer over time.

many will claim that anything under 80°C is "normal" for a graphics card.

but getting near 70° with a game like Warzone would seem very high for one of my builds.
Why if the gpu is at 100% in both programs the temp is higher in furmark?
Furmark is designed to really tax and stress your graphics card to determine if it can handle the toughest graphical processing.
it should lead to quite a bit higher temp than any game out there.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 18, 2022

many will claim the anything under 80°C is "normal" for a graphics card.

Furmark is designed to really tax and stress your graphics card to determine if it can handle the toughest graphical processing.
it should lead to quite a bit higher temp than any game out there.
Its a gt501 case, with 3 fans at the front and 4 in the back and top, enough space for the card to breath, custom fan curve, ambient temp of 25º. In warzone its usually at 62-67 at 70-90% but in the lobby it reaches 90-100% load and 67-69º, so do you think that temps are normal in furmark in warzone?

Fan curve:
40% speed/ 0-40C
55% speed/ 50C
70% speed/ 60C
80% speed/ 70C
90% speed/ 75C
100% speed/ 80C

Mar 16, 2022
Your chassis is not the best for airflow though it literally has a solid front and some air vents on the sides.

image.jpg

Your temps in warzone seem high compared to what I get with a cheaper GPU (Inno3D iChill X4)

Here is my GPU in a Phanteks P200-A Performance Edition. (M-ITX)

My case is now a Corsair 4000D Airflow and is even better now mostly staying under 56c in WZ.

Mar 18, 2022
Its a gt501 case, with 3 fans at the front and 4 in the back and top, enough space for the card to breath, custom fan curve, ambient temp of 25º. In warzone its usually at 62-67 at 70-90% but in the lobby it reaches 90-100% load and 67-69º, so do you think that temps are normal in furmark in warzone?
Your chassis is not the best for airflow though it literally has a solid front and some air vents on the sides.

image.jpg

Your temps in warzone seem high compared to what I get with a cheaper GPU (Inno3D iChill X4)

Here is my GPU in a Phanteks P200-A Performance Edition. (M-ITX)

My case is now a Corsair 4000D Airflow and is even better now mostly staying under 56c in WZ.
So what is my problem :(? i've read that sillicon lottery, Also you have a 3070, the 3070 ti from what i know is much hotter, but are my temps safe?

Mar 16, 2022

Fan curve:
40% speed/ 0-40C
55% speed/ 50C
70% speed/ 60C
80% speed/ 70C
90% speed/ 75C
100% speed/ 80C
So what is my problem :(? i've read that sillicon lottery, Also you have a 3070, the 3070 ti from what i know is much hotter, but are my temps safe?

Your temps are safe, but kinda rubbish for such a high end version.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Furmark is brutal, no ifs and or buts. Even has a disclaimer stating its brutal and use at your own risk. There have been gpus damaged by furmark, that's a fact. Take that disclaimer seriously. Furmark is Not an every-day, repeat test kinda software.

That said, the card will choke itself at 83°C, so anything run under that temp is perfectly safe as far as temps go.

Agree with the above. Airflow is nice to have, but not when it's counter productive. Fans work by creating a low pressure area at their front and nature abhors any kind of vacuum, so air will move in the case to fill that void. Too much exhaust up top/rear and you end up with a stream of air that's basically bypassing the gpu. Slow the exhaust fans by half, let the intake static pressure push air to the gpu before it can move up to the exhausts low pressure.

Sys_fans respond to case/motherboard temps, and those rarely reach 50°C, most will bounce around the 40°ish range, they don't respond to cpu or gpu temps which can be double that on the die. So your curves should reflect that range, with intakes staying 30-50% faster than exhausts.

View: https://youtu.be/sh6F2eccMec

Pay close attention to the negative airflow fogbox test, as this is basically what's going on with your pc now, and what you need is a more neutral/positive airflow that'll get more air to the gpu.

Last edited: