Question Temps on 3070 ti and ryzen 9 5900x

Mar 29, 2022
i basically rebuilt my pc from the ground up and i was curious on cooling. I felt like my cpu and gpu was running a little hot i seem to have fixed the cpu by swapping thermal paste so it seems stable but i dont know how hot my gpu should be running This is on the new tiny tinas game running max everything my cpu was running at around 80-90c before i changed the paste

Last edited:
i basically rebuilt my pc from the ground up and i was curious on cooling. I felt like my cpu and gpu was running a little hot i seem to have fixed the cpu by swapping thermal paste so it seems stable but i dont know how hot my gpu should be running This is on the new tiny tinas game running max everything my cpu was running at around 80-90c before i changed the paste
That's mint thermals for that game title and settings

KyaraM

Admirable
I would suggest running HWInfo, it's one of the best and also gives you average values. That said, CPU looks good to me. What 3070Ti do you have, and what case? Mine runs at under 70°C on average with undervolting and OC to 2010HMz.

KyaraM

Admirable
I'm asking for the model. For example, MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO Aktive or Gainward RTX 3070Ti Phoenix. They all have different coolers and, thus, (slightly) different operating temperatures. Even the clock rate isn't really saying anything considering that my card with nominally 1770MHz boost runs at 1950MHz withput OC, and 2010MHz with. You already said you got a 3070Ti, the question is, which one?

Mar 29, 2022
I'm asking for the model. For example, MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GAMING X TRIO Aktive or Gainward RTX 3070Ti Phoenix. They all have different coolers and, thus, (slightly) different operating temperatures. Even the clock rate isn't really saying anything considering that my card with nominally 1770MHz boost runs at 1950MHz withput OC, and 2010MHz with. You already said you got a 3070Ti, the question is, which one?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia...rk-platinum-and-black/6465789.p?skuId=6465789

KyaraM

Admirable
Ah. A Founders Edition by the look of it. Then those temps are normal, they don't have the best cooling solutions. It's not overheating, though, even if it gets a bit hot. They can go to 92°C maximum, 100°C memory and 110°C hotspot iirc. First thing would be to tighten the fan curve for the card, make it ramp up faster. That increases noise, but will keep temps in check. You can also want to try undervolting it for lower temps and noise levels if you want. I strongly suggest HWInfo instead of HWMonitor again, since that will also show you average temperatures, which can come in handy if you are concerned that the card runs at high temperatures all the time. HwMonitor only gives you the highest and lowest temps, which is pretty useless honestly and might just scare you.

Reactions: Kekcoku
Mar 29, 2022
Ah. A Founders Edition by the look of it. Then those temps are normal, they don't have the best cooling solutions. It's not overheating, though, even if it gets a bit hot. They can go to 92°C maximum, 100°C memory and 110°C hotspot iirc. First thing would be to tighten the fan curve for the card, make it ramp up faster. That increases noise, but will keep temps in check. You can also want to try undervolting it for lower temps and noise levels if you want. I strongly suggest HWInfo instead of HWMonitor again, since that will also show you average temperatures, which can come in handy if you are concerned that the card runs at high temperatures all the time. HwMonitor only gives you the highest and lowest temps, which is pretty useless honestly and might just scare you.
haha its doing just that was worried it was so hard to grab one of these also it looked like i had my exaust and intake fans mixed so that didnt help i swapped em ill see how it works

TRENDING THREADS