Teredo Adapter missing from device manager and from add legacy hardware option

Mar 28, 2018
I'm simply trying to get party chat to work for Windows Store games on my Windows 10 x64 PC. I ran the test in the Xbox app and it found that teredo is unable to qualify and server connection is blocked. Playing games online seems to work fine but I cannot start parties or accept invites.

It's worth mentioning that I recently did a refresh of Windows so I have no idea why this adapter disappeared. As far as I know this test in the Xbox app worked fine a month ago. In an attempt to fix this I have tried the following.

-Uninstalled all VPN software (logmein, purevpn).
-Ran through all steps of Microsoft's guide for this issue.
-Yes, I am showing hidden devices in device manager.
-IPv6 "disable components" key was already set to 0.

Where or how else can I install the teredo adapter since it has vanished from my machine? I'm desperate to fix this issue. Every post I've seen where people are in the same boat as me never get a working solution.

HB7PCwb.png

Apr 6, 2018
Hi, just to say I have exactly the same problem. The adapter just isn't in the legacy hardware at all, I've also followed advice when going through Xbox app, all to no avail. It's been like this for over a year now.....I encountered the problem when I got Forza 7, so have been unable to play online.

I have posted on Microsoft help community as well, and whilst there have been a lot of replies it's generally suggesting the same things, none of which have worked for me. Saying that some people have responded saying the suggestion has helped them, so it sounds a very individual and specific problem/solution. Unfortunately nothing has worked for me yet!!!