[SOLVED] Terminating CAT6a SFTP with RJ45

zoojah

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hi guys,

I am just recently done with pulling out old coax cables and running a CAT6a STFP around the house which I bought in bulk. My problem is that I can not make it to work by terminating it with RJ45 connectors. This is my first attempt at trying something like this and the only reason for why I bought the stfp cat 6a cable was that I tought more shielding = better cable.

By following guides online I terminated the cables as following on both ends inside the RJ45 plugs: white orange / orange / white green / blue / white blue / green / white brown / brown. I also ensured that the copper is all the way inside the connector.

I noticed that the pairs have not the stripped coloring, they are only "color/white", does this matter? I could also not find any answers online for; is it possible to connect Cat6a stfp to a rj45 plug or not. Do maybe this standard of wire require special Rj45 plugs? If I have to pull out the cables and run new ones I am gonne cry.

Thanks for all the replies in advance!

Solution
Quick utube search yielded THIS. Is this a solid core or stranded cable? CAT cables are wired following the EIA 568A/B standard, with B being the most common.