Terminology/Recommendations for Wi-Fi connected Sensors

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a good way to search for very small and basic sensors. Hygrometers, thermometers, barometers, etc for deployment inside and outside my home, so that I can get these readings from my PC without manually measuring using hand-held versions of these instruments.

Unfortunately, every method I have of searching gets me "Smart Home" security camera/etc. I really just want these as a convenience/scientific curiosity.

Does anyone know what these are called? Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good place to purchase these or a good brand to go with? Wi-fi is in the title, but it isn't required. I can run some cat6 cables/etc as necessary.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013

It technically would work, and that may be what I do, but it wouldn't be as useful as having the actual data in a format where it could be integrated into a spreadsheet without me manually it in. That's why I'm trying to look into this. It's such a basic concept that I'm sure I'm not even close to being among the first to think of doing something like this.