News Tesla Model Y Gets AMD Infotainment Upgrade, Smokes Intel In Benchmarks

D

Deleted member 1353997

The new models have seen a hardware change inside their infotainment systems, dropping the Intel Atom E3950 CPU in favor of an AMD Ryzen solution that has resulted in surprising performance gains.
"Surprising"? The link on the E3950 suggests that it's already 5 years old. It'd be a lot more surprising if replacing that didn't result in performance gains...

Reactions: rtoaht
"Surprising"? The link on the E3950 suggests that it's already 5 years old. It'd be a lot more surprising if replacing that didn't result in performance gains...
"As one would expect, general usage is reported as being much snappier on the new AMD platform compared to the aging Atom E3950 solution"
The article mentioned it was to be expected that AMD would perform better.

D

Deleted member 1353997

"As one would expect, general usage is reported as being much snappier on the new AMD platform compared to the aging Atom E3950 solution"
The article mentioned it was to be expected that AMD would perform better.
The article also mentioned that "dropping the Intel Atom E3950 CPU in favor of an AMD Ryzen solution [...] has resulted in surprising performance gains", as I'm sure I've already quoted earlier.

I don't know about you, but I don't normally expect people to be surprised at something they expected. Unless they expected something surprising, that is. But that's to be expected, unsurprisingly.