Tesla's Model S P85D Rocks Dual Motors, Self-Driving Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEO T

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
You need to go to the configurator and recalculate your numbers. The second motor adds $4000, not $14,600. A more powerful Model S 85D (dual motor, base model) is $85,070 and $77,570 after the federal tax credit.

ye ye driveless vehicles .i imagine old style cars(roads rats)been towed to salt lake to drive them LOL.every self build car build in garages been towed some here to drive them OMG!SO we gonna get driverless vehicles with towing trailers.(trailer business, your time to roll)no offens im just saying.:D

Aldo25

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
You need to go to the configurator and recalculate your numbers. The second motor adds $4000, not $14,600. A more powerful Model S 85D (dual motor, base model) is $85,070 and $77,570 after the federal tax credit.

The second motor is $4000 more for the 60 and 85, and $14,600 for the P85...

fkr

Splendid
I cannot wait for automated driving cars.

1. I can get drunk and pass out in the back seat and still get to the parking lot safely, maybe not inside but the parking lot

2. I bet if everybody is driving automated cars I could just drive 130 mph and watch the cars part like I was moses parting the seas.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
As car guy, I would rip out the electric motors and battery and add a 572 Chevy Big Block. Re-code and reflash the entire computer system, and add real gauges, instead of the Crapple like ipad. And add a Dynaudio sound system, with McIntosh amps.

fkr

Splendid

still do not know if you could do the 0-60 in 3.2 seconds like this car can. you would also lose that linear power curve and also the weight balancing for corning. with the distribution of the motors in this car it must have a solid 50/50 weight ratio. the throttle response on this thing is 1 millisecond. I also don't think you could get the same 320 mile range that this car gets.

but I do like the McIntosh amps, go johnson city new york.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
fkr-I was born and raised in Endicott, just a wee west of Johnson City. Don't get me wrong, 3.2 seconds is freaking insane. I just like the rumble and loudness of an engine running on dino juice. Old fashioned, yeah sort of. And I like to drive a car with 3 proper pedals and a stick. It makes you feel more connected to the machine, than the machine controlling you.

fkr

Splendid

me to. I lived in endwell just off of Hall street with the old man but i graduated high school from tioga center in the late 1990's.

Do you ever go and visit the guys at McIntosh. great people and lots of great equipment to listen to. there is audio classics there and also their labs are in bingo

lookanlearn

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
$120,000 USD?
For that kind of money, I would want solar panels on the roof and hood/bonnet; to re-charge it while out and about.
But it seems the electric companies are getting their weasily little fingers everywhere.

I would also want my concept for A-pillar Corning smartscreens built in so that the A-pillars become `invisible` to the driver; so we can see what is going on behind the blind spots at ALL times.

One of my hundreds of Tech inventions.

rogerthat1945
@
g

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS