Text clarity and sharpness problems on new VA monitor

Feb 2, 2019
I just got a new monitor (MSI Optix MAG24C) which replaced my old cheap Acer TN monitor, which was 21.5 inches. On the new MSI the text seems pretty blurry and the display just doesn't seem very sharp in general compared to my old monitor. Is this mainly just because of the jump from 21.5 inches to 23.6 inches? Or is it a common theme with these MSI Optix monitors?

I've obviously checked the native resolution and played with some OSD settings, but nothing really helps. I've also messed with ClearType and it didn't do much. I'm running at 120Hz with HDMI and will upgrade to a DisplayPort 144Hz setting as soon as the cable arrives, but I don't think that is changing much.

Anything I can do?

P.S. Games look amazing, but other than that it seems off.

Feb 2, 2019

agQ3Alu.png

This is a screenshot just in case you need it for reference
r27TFCs.jpg

rNs8PWz.jpg

and these are phone shots

Feb 2, 2019

Hey my display port cable is coming tomorrow so I will come back to this if the problem persists with new settings, thanks.

Feb 2, 2019

No, it was fine, and others mentioned on the subreddit I saw the sale on that it didn't come with one.

I've managed to configure the settings to where I'm mostly happy, I just have to get used to a slightly different screen now. It was probably my OCD and 20/15 vision lol.

ExCognizeR

Reputable
Apr 2, 2017

No, it was fine, and others mentioned on the subreddit I saw the sale on that it didn't come with one.

I've managed to configure the settings to where I'm mostly happy, I just have to get used to a slightly different screen now. It was probably my OCD and 20/15 vision lol.
Yo bro I just bought the same monitor as you do you know if display port fix the text clarity?