[SOLVED] Texting App Over Wifi Not Linked To Phone #?

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
This Xmas I bought my daughter a Fire tablet and installed the Google Play Store on it. I'm trying to find a free app that will allow the tablet to text phones an phones to text her tablet. So far all the apps I've looked at make you link an activated phone number to use but she doesn't have a phone so that won't work. I'm not familiar with this kind of thing so I'm not sure if there's a way to do this?

Solution
This Xmas I bought my daughter a Fire tablet and installed the Google Play Store on it. I'm trying to find a free app that will allow the tablet to text phones an phones to text her tablet. So far all the apps I've looked at make you link an activated phone number to use but she doesn't have a phone so that won't work. I'm not familiar with this kind of thing so I'm not sure if there's a way to do this?
Pinger, and Textnow, TextPlus/NextPlus all fit the bill
Pinger, and Textnow, TextPlus/NextPlus all fit the bill

Solution