Question Texture loading problems

Jan 7, 2023
Hello, posted a thread a month ago but it didn't really solved my problem, so i hope it's fine if i open a second one.

In almost any game the textures take forever to load or don't load at all till i restart the game, the sound is lagging or delayed or both. Sometimes no problems at all.
I've tried several benchmarks but the results and temps are fine except all my ssd's were underperforming in Passmark.
No texture problems in any of the benchmarks. Only thing was the compute test failed on Novabench.
Updated my bios and all other drivers.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Samsung evo 860 1gb & 2x Samsung evo 870 1gb - 200gb free on each of them
ASUS RTX 3080
32gb Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz dual channel
be quiet! System Power 9 700w
Gigabyte x570 AORUS ELITE

Thanks for any help

Last edited:

4745454b

Titan

Here is the "old" thread so we don't retread what's already been covered. You said you tested with MemtestG80, have you tested with regular memtest? I'm also thinking there is an issue if while the game is running your drives read speeds drop to 88Mbps. If the drive can't feed the system data fast enough, I could see this issue happening. Are all the drives SATA? Are they all on native ports? Make sure you aren't using second chip ports. I'd also try freeing up some more room. I'm not sure if 20% free is full enough to cause this kind of slow down, but I suspect the buffer on these drives are starting to be too full.

I'm also not sure about that 80C temp. I know it's a VRM and they can go hotter, but you might want to see if it's a cooling issue. Point a house fan at the CPU area and see if the problem continues.