That 64GB HTC One is Going to Be AT&T Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperstalker

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]great phone, awful service - first hand knowledge... What a way to go to handicap the phone.[/citation]
Awful service because of the phone or the company?

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]hyperstalker[/nom]Awful service because of the phone or the company?[/citation]From my personal experience, the service they provide is pretty descent as far as quality and speed. On the flip side, the service you get from their support and the positions the company takes in general leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Remember when AT&T introduced the first metered cellular data plan? How about $0.10 / text message? With great ideas like this, they will never see a dollar of my money again.

That being said, no matter how nice a phone HTC, or any company make. I now refuse to buy non Nexus branded phones due to the lack of updates and the "go buy a new one" mentality of the big providers and manufacturers.

MrKishanG

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
I'll pass. It's nice phone but the deal breaker for me is that it has no expandable memory and only 32gb internal storage. Samsung G4 is more like it for me!

g-unit1111

Titan

I've been with AT&T for five years now and I have never had a single issue with them. Only one time when the USB connector on my Galaxy S2 broke and getting that thing replaced was not fun in the slightest. But otherwise I've never had any connection issues or problems with no service areas other than the usual. I had Verizon before that and hated the service - I had a Motorola RAZR (non Android, before Smart Phones) and it was probably the single worst phone I have ever owned.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]I like this phone a lot, I'm having a hard time deciding if I'm going to get the HTC One or the Nokia Lumia 920 when I'm due for an upgrade.[/citation]
I currently own the 920 myself - Great phone, but Microsoft's effort towards WP8 is just awful; The sync software isn't even worthy of being called "half-baked" - not to mention you have to search the seven seas just to find the software itself. On the plus side, you can transfer files to the phone via Windows Explorer, which is nice. Though if you're a power-user, the battery life may not be so savoury, especially with 3G etc turned on.
IMO, Microsoft pretty much kicked themselves in the balls by ditching Zune and releasing software that looks like it was made in half an hour's worth of time. At least that seems to be the case for the Windows 7 version of it. If you've used Windows Phone before, the 920 will be a treat though.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sundragon[/nom]great phone, awful service - first hand knowledge... What a way to go to handicap the phone.[/citation]
I couldn't agree more. AT&T service is awful in my city. It's the absolute worst and this is one of the largest urban areas in the country! If AT&T can't get it right here, they have no hope.

Unless you go out to the mid-west where there are more animals than people, then you can get 5 bars of service from AT&T! Verizon = none. I bet the cows will be happy!

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]I've been with AT&T for five years now and I have never had a single issue with them. Only one time when the USB connector on my Galaxy S2 broke and getting that thing replaced was not fun in the slightest. But otherwise I've never had any connection issues or problems with no service areas other than the usual. I had Verizon before that and hated the service - I had a Motorola RAZR (non Android, before Smart Phones) and it was probably the single worst phone I have ever owned.[/citation]

The original Motorola RAZR V3 was one of the very best cell phones ever produced (pre smart phone);
you can still buy them today on eBay and Amazon

fudoka711

Distinguished
I do have to say I'm a bit intrigued by the HTC One. It looks like a beauty. I got the lumia 920 over the holidays and its been a beauty. Personally, I've never had problems with AT&T's cell service ever since my first 2G phone like 7 years ago. However, I know other people have problems. What I believe most people have issues with is AT&T's customer service. It's worse than horrendous.

If HTC keeps making better and better phones like this each year, I might seriously consider giving them a try.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
HTC just cost themselves a sale here.

Im on Sprint and was all on board for the One as long as I could get 64GB version. With no expandable storage there is no way I would get a 32GB phone.

Good job HTC!!!!!! You just gave Samsung a SG4 sale!

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]HTC just cost themselves a sale here.Im on Sprint and was all on board for the One as long as I could get 64GB version. With no expandable storage there is no way I would get a 32GB phone.Good job HTC!!!!!! You just gave Samsung a SG4 sale![/citation]
Sheesh, I know there's a minority of users that need a large amount of space for all their media content - but anything past 32GB just seems ridiculous to me. IMO, you're better off buying a dedicated media player.. Yeah, while smartphones are essentially pocket computers, they're still phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.