[SOLVED] that's what is happening when i turn on my PC

yosefarg1

Reputable
Dec 23, 2017
Hello Dears,

the other day the electricity went off all of my house, after that my PC is acting weird, when i turn it on, it goes off then on again then off then on again, so basically it goes on and off for 3 times then its just working fine, i though the power supply problem, so i take to to the store they change the power supply and it didn't fix the problem, so the technical guy told me to live with it there is no harm on the other components, the problem cause motherboard keep forgetting the configuration and it has to check up GPU and other stuff every time you turn it on like the first time after pc was build , so my question is there such a thing ? motherboard is keep forgetting and is it true that there is not harm for the other PC parts ?

Solution
Hello Dears,

the other day the electricity went off all of my house, after that my PC is acting weird, when i turn it on, it goes off then on again then off then on again, so basically it goes on and off for 3 times then its just working fine, i though the power supply problem, so i take to to the store they change the power supply and it didn't fix the problem, so the technical guy told me to live with it there is no harm on the other components, the problem cause motherboard keep forgetting the configuration and it has to check up GPU and other stuff every time you turn it on like the first time after pc was build , so my question is there such a thing ? motherboard is keep forgetting and is it true that there is not harm for...

Lutfij

Titan
If your motherboard's settings are constantly being reset, whereby you have to manually input time and date, then you might want to try and replace the CMOS battery on your motherboard. Also, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

On second thoughts, you should include the secs to your entire build for us to get a bigger picture on your story.

Hello Dears,

the other day the electricity went off all of my house, after that my PC is acting weird, when i turn it on, it goes off then on again then off then on again, so basically it goes on and off for 3 times then its just working fine, i though the power supply problem, so i take to to the store they change the power supply and it didn't fix the problem, so the technical guy told me to live with it there is no harm on the other components, the problem cause motherboard keep forgetting the configuration and it has to check up GPU and other stuff every time you turn it on like the first time after pc was build , so my question is there such a thing ? motherboard is keep forgetting and is it true that there is not harm for the other PC parts ?
BIOS or settings in CMOS may have corrupted. Maybe you should try to reset it and/or read in one of the presets.

Solution
Jan 31, 2021
Technically you can use it like this as much as you want. But something is not working as intended and may eventually not work at all. So it's best to fix it while you still can. Besides, this sounds like an annoying thing to just "live with"