News The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is now on sale at its Lowest Ever Price

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
People were upset about higher AMD prices this gen and justifiably so, but they also forget that AMD tends to drop prices sooner and much more often than Intel ever did or does.

Only with this last gen Intel were "forced" to change their ways and make more discounts, they never did this for years and years, while AMD did it all the time.

I remember the 7700k which was at one point 3 years old and still cost close to MSRP, which was nuts.

Reactions: Kridian
Call me when they are $200. : 3

Really though, price drops are not at all surprising, seeing as Intel is expected to be launching Alder Lake in a matter of months. I would expect at least their higher-end parts to outperform the Ryzen 5000-series, which will make it harder for AMD to sell these parts near their original, enthusiast-focused price points. And a lot of that market will be holding off at this point to see what Intel's new chips have to offer, so retailers may already be seeing waning demand for them.

Reactions: Krotow

plateLunch

Honorable
Mar 31, 2017
I see this as indicating that AMD is getting good silicon supply from TSMC. They wouldn't be dropping the price if their inventory was tight. Look for this to show in AMD's Threadripper sales and even GPU supplies the rest of this quarter. Get in on AMD stock while you can and use the profits to pay for that overpriced RX 6000 graphics card.

Garden-Gnome

Reputable
Mar 12, 2021