The Android Platform Still Has A Big Update Problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is not just on the smartphones. The tablets seem to not get any upgrades, even though the hardware is adequate. If it could be updated without a complicated root of the tablet, many of us would be running Lollipop.

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Many Android phones get small security fixes without getting OS upgrades. One does not mean the other. Not to mention Google upgrades their api and services separably than OS upgrades now. The OS lag is specifically on the manufacturers and carriers. That's one reason I own an Unlocked Moto X.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Lollipop has been horrible for me. The interface is somewhat more fugly, the battery drains faster, and worst of all is the black screen of death happens on a regular basis. I'll be installing Cyanogenmod on my Nexus 4 as soon as possible.

azz156

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
Why people still use android baffles me. I gave up waiting for htc to update my m7 and installed cyanogenmod but I regretted that after a few days...so buggy, end call button doesn't work when headphones are in, random app crashes, broken update button and the slow down over time forcing me to restart the phone...good luck reinstalling the original oem ruu if you can find it.

But yeah got a Lumia 930 for xmas and sold my m7 the next day. There's 1 or 2 apps missing but I just pin the web app to the home screen. never going android again.

Status
Not open for further replies.