The BBC is Doing Planet Earth Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I am in the country of America and think we, the American citizens, should have a chance to see this incredible feat of the BBC also as i would watch it when not on Tom's Hardware. I also know a coupe other people just in this one suburb which i live who will also watch it though i am not sure about the rest of the country.
So to the BBC please offer a web cast option so people who are not able to have the channel and/or people who are not able to watch it as they are on the go will still be able to watch it from the Internet and yes i understand if you have to charge for it but i will ask you not to if possible.

coreym72

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Not in America... Because we already have a bunch of dumb animals in Jersey shown all over the place. Need to look elsewhere...

meat81

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
[citation][nom]coreym72[/nom]Not in America... Because we already have a bunch of dumb animals in Jersey shown all over the place. Need to look elsewhere...[/citation]

Being from NJ, i am sure you don't have any unintelligent life in your neck of the woods either...

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Great, the only thing the British currently have worth sharing and they decide to exclude N. America. Do they even give a reason?[/citation]

Thanks, we'll be taking back our world-class universities, our ARM processors and PowerVR graphics (meaning all smartphones, pretty much), our aero-engines, our ale, our luxury cars, our system of government, our actors and TV programs, our language, our goodness-knows-what-else, oh, and a little invention called the internet...

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
[citation][nom]yumri[/nom]I am in the country of America and think we, the American citizens, should have a chance to see this incredible feat of the BBC also as i would watch it when not on Tom's Hardware...[/citation]

IS there a country of "America"? ;-)

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Great, the only thing the British currently have worth sharing and they decide to exclude N. America. Do they even give a reason?[/citation]

I'm sure it's something stupid like licensing... money is surely the root of the issue. I read here where we might get a bone thrown to us on this continent. Won't be as cool as the prime cut everyone else gets, but it might be something worth chewing on.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
If the show is honestly just a live stream of people following animals around, that sounds incredibly boring. Also, what does it say about our society when people would rather sit down and watch a live feed of people watching nature instead of just going outside and watching it themselves. I say this as an avid outdoor enthusiast.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Really don't know why you were voted off the map, blibba... however the original comment was probably made in jest so I wouldn't worry about reclaiming any of our intellectual property just yet.

Besides which, we gave the world the X Factor... the shame will never end.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Since I live in the country called America, United States of America that is (North America is a continent), as a supporter who has Planet Earth, Life, and Frozen Planet, I would love to be able to watch these online. Since it is live I'm not sure what kind of video quality to expect though.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]If the show is honestly just a live stream of people following animals around, that sounds incredibly boring. Also, what does it say about our society when people would rather sit down and watch a live feed of people watching nature instead of just going outside and watching it themselves. I say this as an avid outdoor enthusiast.[/citation]
Yes go hang out with the black bears, elephants in Africa, please pet that lion it wont bite you!

icrf

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
When I'm in the woods, I go out of my way to avoid interacting with the bears. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching someone else more prepared and willing get in close.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]classzero[/nom]Yes go hang out with the black bears, elephants in Africa, please pet that lion it wont bite you![/citation]
Sounds like the guy who was fed up with people and decided to go live with the grizzly bears in the state park in Alaska.. It didnt really work out so well for him though, those grizzly bears were not very humane..

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]blibba[/nom]Thanks, we'll be taking back our world-class universities, our ARM processors and PowerVR graphics (meaning all smartphones, pretty much), our aero-engines, our ale, our luxury cars, our system of government, our actors and TV programs, our language, our goodness-knows-what-else, oh, and a little invention called the internet...[/citation]

I agree with you, love -a lot of the- BBC programming, Brit-comedies etc.
But... the 'luxury car" bit is more a historical bit seeing that RR and Bentley are now owned by VW and BMW and Jaruar owned -oh Lord help us- by Tata Motors from India.
Especially the Jaguar deal must trill your former Colony to endless smiles :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]sojrner[/nom]IS there a country of "America"? ;-)[/citation]

Give him/her a break !
The phrase "I am in the country of America" should tell you that he/she is either not a US-american by birth or a kid. In either case this can be forgiven as it is customary to refer to the USA as 'America'.

:)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]If the show is honestly just a live stream of people following animals around, that sounds incredibly boring. Also, what does it say about our society when people would rather sit down and watch a live feed of people watching nature instead of just going outside and watching it themselves...[/citation]

You've got wild Black Bears, Lions and Elephants in your backyard ?
Cool. Can I stop by for a coffee ? I'll bring the cookies !

blibba

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]chacharealsmooth[/nom]Hey Blibba, the internet was invented in America. Just saying.[/citation]

Look up Sir Tim Berners-Lee.

[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]I agree with you, love -a lot of the- BBC programming, Brit-comedies etc.But... the 'luxury car" bit is more a historical bit seeing that RR and Bentley are now owned by VW and BMW and Jaruar owned -oh Lord help us- by Tata Motors from India. Especially the Jaguar deal must trill your former Colony to endless smiles :)[/citation]

Still made and in many cases designed in the UK, though.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]chacharealsmooth[/nom]Hey Blibba, the internet was invented in America. Just saying.[/citation]

There where a number of packet switched networks around in the early 1960s.
The US version 'won' so to speak giving us the Internet. However, I have a feeling you may be referring to the "Web"... and that's not a US invention of course. Ask Tim ! :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]blibba[/nom]Look up Sir Tim Berners-Lee.Still made and in many cases designed in the UK, though.[/citation]

Using BMW engines !
Still, always loved the old Jaguars. That was a 'classy' car. Since the Germans run the show they have become a bit too 'modern' for my taste.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Using BMW engines !Still, always loved the old Jaguars. That was a 'classy' car. Since the Germans run the show they have become a bit too 'modern' for my taste.[/citation]

Sorry, meant Bentleys as far as the engine goes.

drizzo4shizzo

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Richard Hammond of "Top Gear" will be tracking the lions?!?

Jeremy Clarkson is 10 feet tall and cannot feel pain. James May could have bored the lions to sleep and escaped in a cushy land rover.

So use the little guy. What could possibly go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.