The best monitor

G

Hello guys! I know the best monitor is Sony F520. But I want to know from you all if some flat monitor is better than this one and, evenutually, why. In particular I'm an hard gamer but a designer too, so I need the best one monitor on the Earth. No matter the weight or dimension, I just want the top notch. What do you think?

G

My whole heart recommendation is any monitor designed by CORNERSTONE. (www.bigmonitors.com). They only make monitors designed for the professional, and they are the biggest clearest monitors i have ever used.

I personally own the P1500 (21", 20.0" Viewable) .22dp model. It is a WORKHORSE. Crystal clear and goes to 120htz on refresh. Plus every monitor has MINIMUM 5 YEAR warranty, and they even have next day overnight replacement of defective!

100% if you are serious about gaming (and I am a HUGE gamer), then Cornerstone is your buy. Either the P1500, P1600, or P1700.

G

I'm in the cornerstone site and i've seen that the top notch is the 1750 model that costs 750$!!!!
Where is the problem?? Sony F520 isn't better than this like specs but costs 1500$.... and it hasn't the 5 years guarantee. Someone has other news on this monitor???

G

I've done a better comparison between Cornerstone 1750 and Sony F520 and the Sony is better... For dot pitch (0.22 against 0.25) and few other things. However the relation quality/price is a big reason to choose the Cornerstone product.

HarleyMYK

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2001
I would recommend checking out the Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2060u. It is frequently top rated, and about half the price of the Sony. By the way, I bought it from DELL, which surprisingly has a great selection of monitors, good prices, no sales tax (at on least monitors sold to California) and currently free shipping.
(PS. I am not a DELL employee and do not own DELL stock - just hoping to be helpful)

Old enough to remember when sex was safe and a personal computer was a slide rule :wink:

compuhan

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
I have dp2060u I chose by reading reviews. It won the displaymate best aperture grille monitor award next to the gdm f520. Somehow no one seems to know this but me in this board, and thus I don't know if it's a meaningful award. I can say it's quality is top notch and beats comparable sony's in text sharpness and convergence. Besides that, it's screen is vanishingly curved and dimmer.

I imagine the gdm f520 top dog though. I just might buy it in a moment of weakness.

Quality is better than name brand, even regarding beloved AMD.