The Best Possible PUBG Performance: 10 Graphics Cards Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckstrom12

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Can you please start including 1440p back into your benchmarks? I think that this resolution, while not the most popular now, will become more and more popular. This will make these articles much more future proof and allow people that have QHD now and in the future view these articles for information.

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
All cards are 2 or more years old. 1080, 60, 50, 40 is obsolete by any standard. 1080px to 2560px is dead. New merchandise coming out. 4k and 8k is where its at. Not a review or test...TH part of the marketing scheme to sell off old stock.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
No problem with the article if they want to test common cards. The problem is the title. If I click a review of "The Best Possible PUBG Performance", then I kind of expect to see high end video cards, not older, mid-range cards.

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador

1440p wouldn't have been useful in this situation. Except for the "bonus" GTX 1080 vs. Vega 64 showdown, none of the GPUs tested are "1440p-capable" GPUs. The top-line GPUs they tested were the GTX 1060 & RX 580...both of which barely managed to get past 60FPS@1080p, & had significant differences between their Average & Minimum results. What would have been the point of 1440p testing with these GPUs? "Proving" that their 1440p performance is lacking? "Proving" that PUBG's optimization still lags behind other games?

Even with the GTX 1080 & Vega 64, those 1440p tests aren't exactly impressive. It's more in line with the 1080's performance in Witcher III (https://www.techspot.com/review/1174-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080/page3.html)...& I think we can all agree that there's no contest as to which game (PUBG or Witcher III) has better graphics...

clean answers though not terribly revealing to many that have the hardware and the game from the start, but in all fairness for all the youngsters out there thinking of building a new rig for gaming PUBG this would be a good read to guide them.

as far a 1440 and 4K gaming, that is upper gamer life, 75% or more "home gamers" who have a mortgage will tell you they have a 1080po monitor on they desk.

If you guys are considering 2k res for benchmarks, I for one would love to see the 21:9 aspect ratio performance. 2560x1080 for mainstream and 3440x1440 for the top end.

Imagine playing in a monitor like the AOC - C3583FQ. True mainstream gaming monitor.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Only three or four cores seem to be used heavily
UE4 shows that it's optimizedfor multi-core CPUs and manages multiple threads well.
Are you contradicting yourself here, or when you say "optimized for multi-core" you actually mean TWO cores with hyperthreading. The game barely taxes the CPU from your own testing. A cheap CFL i3 would probably be overkill.

Meanwhile on the GPU front you can't throw enough graphics resources at the game, seems like they have a lot of headroom for optimization.

May 28, 2018
With a basic setup off the shelf that desperately needs a boost. Would a costly graphic card be the best way to increase FPS, or is RAM the deciding factor? I see graphic cards that are more costly than my whole computer. I can boost RAm on a budget, but the cards seem astronomical pricewise.

alextheblue

Distinguished

As long as you have enough RAM, your GPU is the most important thing with this game. But if you have an OEM box, the PSU is probably trash so it's questionable what kind of GPU you can even use. To better answer that someone would need to know all your specs, the model of system (and/or info on the board/chassis), and the PSU ratings and/or model. If they used a standard PSU you could upgrade that if needed. I mean I've upgraded PCs which came with non-standard ones too but that's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS