The command prompt flashes on and off on startup, then the computer shuts down.

syphexian

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Hey guys, question for any of you who are more knowledgeable about computers than me.

So I get home from work and my roomate tells me his laptop is messing up. He goes in to boot it up, gets to the login screen, logs in. Then the trouble starts.
The command prompt flashes on and off very fast. Also looks like its moving/copying some files, but i cant tell because of how fast they go away. He said he can run it in safe mode, and it will start up, but still acts weird. He has scanned it for viruses and it came back with no results.
Was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem or knows of it who could help me out.
It's a toshiba laptop, running windows 7. He has also system reset it to a few days ago and still, nothing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Solution
Sounds like theres something in startup then if it boots into safe mode.

If ccleaner is installed go to tools / start / uninstall. Bottom right. Copy and paste whats in startup / installed

syphexian

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Safe mode works, i have not checked msconfig but i will when he gets back. Any other answers would be greatly appreciated.

blackbeard34

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I say could be maleware or virus - backup files nuke the whole thing = re-image/reformat, only way to be sure. Then 'slowly' start adding things back and see what happens and make sure to scan for crabs.