The Connection Has Reset

Not sure if this is the right section, but with firefox, and google chrome randomly ill get "the connection has been reset", and try again never works and they both have access thru my firewall. and its not certain websites, some will work fine open new tab problem happens, reset internet or firefox/chrome works again and sites that wont work at all will again, ones that work at some point wont and then again work after a reset. Its starting to work happen to BF3 and WoW, using an ethernet from the router, and when it "resets" i do not lose internet but only connection and any other connection to a site i wasnt alrdy on before it "stopped"
Running Win7 64bit Pro. Worked fine, didnt change anything that I'd notice and no viruses. Its starting to piss me off and someone please help!!!!!

Solution
Click on the start button; open a command prompt window by typing cmd in the search box; at the flashing cursor; type ipconfig /flushdns (leave a space after ipconfig for each line you type); press your enter key on your keyboard. Next line at the flashing cursor type; ipconfig /release and press enter; Next line type ipconfig /renew and press enter.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Click on the start button; open a command prompt window by typing cmd in the search box; at the flashing cursor; type ipconfig /flushdns (leave a space after ipconfig for each line you type); press your enter key on your keyboard. Next line at the flashing cursor type; ipconfig /release and press enter; Next line type ipconfig /renew and press enter.

Solution
when it usually happens 3 connected thru ethernet, and maybe 2 on wireless, total if all were connected it'd be like 5 ethernet and 3 wireless, but usually all are never connected together at the same time, and i could bypass the router and switch and will try that.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
OK let's try a few FireFox things:
1. In Firefox find and go the History menu and select Clear Recent History
2. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything.
3. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared.
4. Select both Cookies and Cache.
5. Click Clear Now
6. Click tools
7. Click options
8. Click advanced
9. Click network
10. Click settings
11. Click auto detect proxy settings for this network and then delete all caches
Please see if this helps

almost 3 year old thread btw. Also hasnt happened since, was either a windows or browser or network problem, but all of those have been switched, have reinstalled windows a few times, replaced network equipment twice, and reinstalled browsers who knows how many times, but hasnt happened in 3 YEARS.....

Dogsnake

Distinguished
Have you contacted your ISP? They can check the log of your modem and see if the reset occurs there. Who is your ISP? How does your router connect to the modem? Guess I should have asked these ?'s sooner... Does the reset happen if you connect your PC directly to the modem (no router)?

TRENDING THREADS