the current bios setting do not fully support

Frostypenguins

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I just built a new computer and when I first load it up it tells me that the bios settings do not fully support the boot. I have no idea what's wrong. Also my power supply isn't long enough to use the same wire for the optical drive and hard drive and I was wondering where I can get an extension cord.

My build is:
Motherboard: Asus P8z77-V LK
CPU: intel i5-3570 3.4 ghz LGA 1155
Power supply: 500W
GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
Hard drive: 3.5"
Optical drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM Optical Drive
RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB (2x4 GB Modules) 1600 MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Kit
Case: NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case

Solution
Solution

Frostypenguins

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
The thing is my windows 7 is a 1 time download. So I don't wanna download it with the flash drive then when I get the extension I won't be able to download it again. Does it transfer everything?

millipede

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Question regarding the BIOS as well. My friend bought a new computer and I installed all the parts. Now I'm trying to install his Windows 7 Home. But I cant get to the "Boot / Boot" options... http://tinypic.com/r/33aqukx/8
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/plushdragon/media/131004205010_zpsa1c602ba.png.html?sort=3&o=8

On this picture I cant even get this far. Where it says "Boot Option Priorities". I can only scroll down to Secure Boot. I cant go down any farther. I'm not sure why I cant select the boot option #1. I cant scroll down any farther. I don't understand. On my picture you will notice the scroll bar on the right and it has more room to go down. But I cant. I'm not sure why I cant select my boot options. I need help!

Frostypenguins

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Have you tried going along with the secure boot? There might be something wrong with the computer parts itself. Maybe something isn't plugged in. If you started your own thread you'd probably get the answers you need. I don't know if any of that helped.