Question The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. Help please

Sep 30, 2024
Hello - I am wondering if anyone could possibly help me resolve an issue I am having.

I have had a rig for about almost 2 weeks now. I have a WD black (4tb) external drive for backups and if I wanna move from my rig to my tv to play movies (sometimes I do, other times I just stream it. Whatever)
But since I built the rig I have had the following error at random points. It is running on USB 3.1.
I have updated drivers (plus bios firmware), as well as moving the external drive to a different USB (just tried now and got the error maybe 40 minutes after inserting it.)
I have also removed it, from the USB and placed a mouse in it and it's not being weird (unsure if mice and drives work differently in USB - need to check)
Am I looking at potentially a [language redacted] mobo? The drive is new - as well as the USB cable so I wouldn't have thought it was that. I have also tried another external drive and got the same issue.
At the same time I moved about 250gb from a NVME to the WD black and that took about two hours - which seems really weird. I used the cable that was supplied and also another cable I had around and I still performed the same.
I have also ran both a surface and deep scan and found no errors on the disks. Which might point to a motherboard issue. But I don't know - any other test or idea would be good as I have ran out of odeas to try

Last edited by a moderator: