The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum.

Sinjection

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
"The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum." I get this error every time I try to boot Windows 7. This started happening after I uninstalled an Alienware theme from my PC. While it was getting removed, the uninstall crashed, forcing me to restart my computer in the middle of the uninstall. What I think happened was my boot image (or some other boot file, I'm not too familiar with the terminology) got corrupt when the theme was uninstalled, as the theme created its own boot image. I've tried...

- Rebooting and reseating each stick of RAM. This did nothing; I presume this isn't a memory problem.
- Making a system repair disk with my desktop to use on the afflicted computer. I thought this would work, but in BIOS, it's listed that there is no CD in my optical drive.
- Booting Ubuntu from a USB drive. When I do this, I get the message "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart."
- Accessing Advanced Boot Options. Same "checksum" error when trying to do it.

Specs--

Model: Alienware M15X
RAM: 2X2GB Kingston RAM modules
(If you need any other information, please ask me. I will do my best to provide it to you).

Any and all help appreciated. I am really desperate to get this problem fixed. Thanks in Advance!

-Sinjection

Solution
Sorry I have been super busy I tested the file download. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit from the link I posted earlier and it worked flawlessly with the Windows 7 USB tool.

As well as the other USB tool I suggested created a bootable USB stick for me. Either the file or Windows 7 USB tool is corrupted or the USB stick is bad.

It should work all together.

Sinjection

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Pressing F8 repeatedly doesn't work, as I am directed to the same error message again. Holding F8 only stops the error message from coming up, but the computer still won't access the Advanced Boot Options.

Sinjection

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
I don't believe that I have my Windows 7 install disk with me anymore, and I made a system repair disk using my PC downstairs. When I inserted the CD-R, my optical drive didn't read it. And I tried booting Ubuntu from a USB drive, but I was presented with the error "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart." However, I never considered that I can't boot from Ubuntu because it was already installed on my computer. I'll erase my USB's contents and put a repair disk or something on that and see if it works.

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Sorry I got swamped at work today. 10 hours of sitting at a screen and I am back sitting at a screen again lol

Anyways to the issue...

Tell me how big is the .iso that you downloaded? The exact size in KB or bytes. Or MB if you want no problem.

I downloaded the file 3 times from that site is it results in a 230MB .iso then a 2GB .iso and neither of them worked. Both downloads started as 3.1 GB

Third times the charm! I downloaded the full 3.1 GB *knock on wood*

Maybe because I looked at it and it didn't want to misbehave but it worked with the Win 7 USB tool I suggested.

So the key is: How big is the size of the file you are trying to run in the Win 7 USB tool?

jackson1420

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
Sorry I have been super busy I tested the file download. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit from the link I posted earlier and it worked flawlessly with the Windows 7 USB tool.

As well as the other USB tool I suggested created a bootable USB stick for me. Either the file or Windows 7 USB tool is corrupted or the USB stick is bad.

It should work all together.

Solution

nsing50

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
I have had same issue. System is noot booting in safe mode also. My main concern is the data in my hard disc. Will i get the data aftre trying with recovery disc or i will loose my whole data. Please suggest me how i can get my data back. Its very crucial for me.

Zainol

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
when the error warning is displayed..just press Alt+Ctrl+Del key at the same time..then if the windows is still in stability,it will restart as normal.then,may be you can do some sollutions like virus scanning or system restore..hope you will succeed..thx :)

Elias jabre

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
Hello,first turn off ur pc, unplugged the large 24pin and 4pin motherboard power connectorand remove the batterie from board...after 5 minutes plugged all and i think everything will going well ...