[SOLVED] The forest running very weird!

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hey guys, so I bought "the forest" yesterday and always before I buy any game I check if I meet the "recommended system requirements" and for the forest I do, in fact my pc is 2-3 times more powerful then the "recommended requirements"
So i should be able to run the game on high settings right?
Well on high setting the game doesn't go above 45 fps, on medium I get some drops here and there. So I set some settings to off, low, medium and high. And still at some angles and at some situations the fps drops to 50. So has anyone else had any issues like this? And is there a fix?!
My specs are:
Intel core i5-8400 2.8mhz
Geforce GTX 1050 ti 4 GB
1080p 60hz monitor
8gb vram

Last edited:

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
In the game menu I think there is a line for locking the game at 60fps. Make sure that is not enabled. And in your Nvidia control panel 3d settings make sure you do not have vsync enabled that locks you game to your refresh rate.
I have vsync enabled in game because otherwise I get screen tearing and that's not fun. Also I have enabled "threaded optimisation" and "maximum pre rendered frames" to 1. It seem to have helped. But I'm still having the same issue!

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Check if you are using the HD 630 graphics

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-560-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

Here is the comparisions according to the recommended specs of The Forest. If you really wanna use the gpu, you can disable the hd graphics by going to device manager and then finding display adapters. Disable the HD graphics and your system will be forced to use the gpu.
Ok will try tomorrow. But does it have any negative effects on my pc? And is there a way to set it only for specific games? But most importantly does this have any negative effects on my graphics card/pc?!

stinkycreature1

Prominent
Aug 9, 2019
Ok will try tomorrow. But does it have any negative effects on my pc? And is there a way to set it only for specific games? But most importantly does this have any negative effects on my graphics card/pc?!
No, it will not have any negative effects. This just disables the cpu onboard graphics that may be switching so it makes your pc use the gpu.

I only have used AMD gpus, but it should allow you to switch specific graphics in Nvidia's control panel. Well, at least in AMD's case.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
No, it will not have any negative effects. This just disables the cpu onboard graphics that may be switching so it makes your pc use the gpu.

I only have used AMD gpus, but it should allow you to switch specific graphics in Nvidia's control panel. Well, at least in AMD's case.
It does allow me to switch. But I don't think I had the hd graphics card there, I think I only had the 1050 ti.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Check if you are using the HD 630 graphics

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-560-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti

Here is the comparisions according to the recommended specs of The Forest. If you really wanna use the gpu, you can disable the hd graphics by going to device manager and then finding display adapters. Disable the HD graphics and your system will be forced to use the gpu.
I checked the website, but how is this supposed to help? It's just a comparison between an older and a newer graphics card.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hey guys, so I bought "the forest" yesterday and always before I buy any game I check if I meet the "recommended system requirements" and for the forest I do, in fact my pc is 2-3 times more powerful then the "recommended requirements"
So i should be able to run the game on high settings right?
Well on high setting the game doesn't go above 45 fps, on medium I get some drops here and there. So I set some settings to off, low, medium and high. And still at some angles and at some situations the fps drops to 50. So has anyone else had any issues like this? And is there a fix?!
My specs are:
Intel core i5-8400 2.8mhz
Geforce GTX 1050 ti 4 GB
1080p 60hz monitor
8gb vram
I am posting this the 2 time on this forum. The first time it didnt help me so I hope maybe this time it will!

D

Deleted member 14196

That game is highly unoptimized and you won’t get the performance you’re looking for. Search this formum for the forest and see what I mean because obviously you didn’t even search before posting twice

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
That game is highly unoptimized and you won’t get the performance you’re looking for. Search this formum for the forest and see what I mean because obviously you didn’t even search before posting twice
Yeah I can see that the game has extremely poor optimisation. I guess I'll stick to these settings. Its not my fault the is optimised poorly.

D

Deleted member 14196

You wanted to know if others had the same problem and the only way to do that is to search the forum and as you can see many others have had this problem