[SOLVED] The GPU suddenly stopped working

Sep 13, 2021
I've built my own PC about 3 weeks ago and yesterday i was playing Warzone and the whole PC shut down. When i tried powering it up it powered up normally but the GPU didn't. I checked the cables and everything. Then i used an old GPU i had laying around and it turned on just fine. I don't know if i messed up the components maybe they're not all compatible but it worked fine till now.

the components:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2 ATX AM4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb 3600mhz
Storage: Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4 2TB M.2
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 4TB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12gb
Case: Asus TUF Gaming GT501
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 850w

Solution
If your PC is not detecting your Graphics Processing Unit or GPU, then try using the fixes given below:-

1. The first fix is to check the motherboard and the slot where a graphic card is inserted. Any damage to these two might be the reason, try fixing them or replacing them to solve the issue.
  2. Examine the graphic card driver, uninstall and reinstall the device driver. A faulty graphics card driver is the main reason behind this problem.
  3. Make sure that your graphics card is set as the default on your PC. To do this you are required to make some changes to your device settings. You can also watch some video tutorials over the internet to do that.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
I've built my own PC about 3 weeks ago and yesterday i was playing Warzone and the whole PC shut down. When i tried powering it up it powered up normally but the GPU didn't. I checked the cables and everything. Then i used an old GPU i had laying around and it turned on just fine. I don't know if i messed up the components maybe they're not all compatible but it worked fine till now.

the components:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite V2 ATX AM4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb 3600mhz
Storage: Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4 2TB M.2
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 4TB
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12gb
Case: Asus TUF Gaming GT501
Power Supply: Be Quiet! Straight Power 11 850w
When you were playing warzone did you remember the tempeture of your gpu?

Sep 13, 2021
You should go and put that gpu in another rig to see if it still works or not, If it doesnt work then should bring it to your retailer for them to fix it.
This gpu is still under warranty right?
i'll try that. yeah it should be
i already contacted the retailer and told them what happend. im still waiting for the reply

frederickalliston

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 12, 2020
If your PC is not detecting your Graphics Processing Unit or GPU, then try using the fixes given below:-

1. The first fix is to check the motherboard and the slot where a graphic card is inserted. Any damage to these two might be the reason, try fixing them or replacing them to solve the issue.
  2. Examine the graphic card driver, uninstall and reinstall the device driver. A faulty graphics card driver is the main reason behind this problem.
  3. Make sure that your graphics card is set as the default on your PC. To do this you are required to make some changes to your device settings. You can also watch some video tutorials over the internet to do that.

Solution