The iPhone 5 Teardown: Inside Apple's New Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tipoo[/nom]And even more interesting (to me), the A6 chip is starting to be analyzed under a microscopehttp://www.anandtech.com/show/6323 [...] gpu-100mm23 core GPU, interesting.[/citation]

question

what is with the mold looking stuff? do they corrode that fast or is it something that i just cant see?

@JMcEntegart - Are you like obsessed or something?! So far all you have accomplished with these 'articles' is only pit one patron against another. (+1 you or -1 take that)

'We' can, believe it or not, search. It would however be a real treat if other than a 1 minute Copy/Paste of someone else's article that you actually took the time to 'review' and or 'write' an original article.

Those articles are copy (written) so I assume you have iFixit and other's written permission to republish.

G

Great phone! Loving mine! All the people at work were so jealous when I brought mine back after picking it up this morning with some Starbucks. Can't wait to take it out this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone 5

[citation][nom]ELMO_2006[/nom]I still don't get that silly pin thingy to gain access to the microSD card. A simple latch would have done it.[/citation]

There is no microSD card, that's for the sim and you shouldn't need to take your SIM out 10 times a day, so it shouldn't be an issue.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
like it or not....apple is king when it comes to smartphones....they have some amazing technology....i can't stand crappy android plastic phones....they say that plastic causes cancer, lol....it's true

[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]like it or not....apple is king when it comes to smartphones....they have some amazing technology....i can't stand crappy android plastic phones....they say that plastic causes cancer, lol....it's true[/citation]

Almost everything can be linked to causing cancer. There are dozens of iPhone parts that have cancer-causing components too and the same is true for pretty much everything. Furthermore, this article just goes to show that almost none of this phone's tech is from Apple.

Furthermore, a lot of Android phones are excellent. Not all of them are, but most that are anywhere near iPhone prices are. I notice how most of this phone is built from a lot of technology from Android phones. I guess you didn't read it before posting? The same is especially true for the previous iPhones.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]like it or not....apple is king when it comes to smartphones....they have some amazing technology....i can't stand crappy android plastic phones....they say that plastic causes cancer, lol....it's true[/citation]the plastic andriod phone is far less fragile than Apple silly iphone.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]the plastic andriod phone is far less fragile than Apple silly iphone.[/citation]
also it has more bloatware and apps you don't need or ever use, lol

chewy1963

Honorable
May 9, 2012
[citation][nom]gpog[/nom]Got mine this morning and its excellent. Very fast with supreme fluidity.[/citation]

Only if you eat the plastic case...

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Well... I touched and felt the iPhone5 for a minute in my at&t store (checking on an order).
1 - I like how it looks over the iPhone4... the metal back is a PLUS.
2 - I'm happy with my Atrix HD. its a bit thicker, a bit better battery would be nicer - but it seems to get better by the day.
3 - Apple still sucks balls.... but Motorola (ahem Google) just threw a punch at Apple with filing papers against all Wifi Mac and iOS devices... an international import ban! Wooohooo! Unlike "rectangle with rounded corners" - they have something.

Maybe Apple will act like ADULTS and work on technology and not the court-room. To resolve: Apple will stop attacking Samsung/Android over BS (yes, Apple should sue if someone makes an iPhone4/5 clone) and Motorola will let Apple continue with biz as usual.

Android 4.0~4.1 is better than iOS, easily.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
iFixit found the iPhone 5 scored a respectable 7/10 on the repairability scale.

Happy to hear this, but I still think that Apple should put a micro sd slot in the phone. Far from impressed with Apple's new formorons product, but do like the fact that Apple may have been thinking about serviceability of their overpriced phone. Too bad that Apple has tarnished its credibility with all their silly law suits, using the moneys they have swindled from its iTardic herd of sheeple to litigate versus innovate and create... It seem unlikely though that I could ever endorse Apple given all the damage they have unleashed on the march of technology and creativity, not to mention the mediocrity of their product when you compare their iPhone against phones like those being put out by Samsung.

Oh yes, good that they now have I gig of ram. It was about time.

Anyway, to Cesar what belongs to Cesar.

Status
Not open for further replies.