[SOLVED] The Latest and Greatest

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I'm thinking about building another computer and starting from the CPU and up. I am thinking about getting this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117958&Description=Intel%20Core%20i7-9700K%209th%20Gen&cm_re=Intel_Core_i7-9700K_9th_Gen-_-19-117-958-_-Product

This is going to be a gaming computer and want it to be on the higherish end. I play a lot of first person shooter games so I want the system to run around that. I read this CPU is the a great one to get and wanted to build a computer around it. What would be a good motherboard and GPU to get with it? I don't want to go too crazy with price. I'm thinking for the whole build nothing over $1600 or $1800. I have a keyboard, monitor, mouse.... I just need to get the guts to the computer.....and thinking about a new Tower, full size.

If it helps also, I play RTS games like: Men at War Assault Squad 2, Rome 2 Total War (I love the Total War series of games) and planning on getting 3 Kingdoms Total War when it comes too. So essentially I want to make sure all the games run smoothly with this setup.

This is a last minute thing and I wanted to take advantage of deals around this time of year.

Thanks for any help!

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

I've never tried out AMD before so that gives me some apprehension. But yeah, I've heard great things about their Ryzen line up. I saw Linus of Linus Tech Tips talking about it and its raw numbers, compared to everyone else, looked incredible. AMD certainly kills it on the price.

I can't recall the monitor I have now but it is quite nice. I might get another one down the road but for right now I might just stay with the one I have.

Snagged

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

Oh gotcha. I just saw the different sections on here and didn't know if I had to put them in their own category for all the various parts.