The Mac as a Gaming Platform, the New Era

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]etrom[/nom]How can you use the scope of a sniper rifle in a mac machine having the one-button mouse?[/citation]

Dude the Magic Mouse is awesome for Web Surfing, video editing and all apps..

but for Gaming.. it sucks a$$.

Buy an optical 5 button mouse or something else for gaming.

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]SamhainKnight[/nom]Mac's are cute. Why would anyone use an overpriced Windows Vista PC, POS like a PC? Will Vista run my game?! lol.www.ilikesteveballmersballs.com[/citation]

Wow Samhain Knight has said it all....ouch.. I would stay away from that website if i where you :D

ottozero

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
[citation][nom]Joe Gamer[/nom]"Seriously? I don't hate Mac's or OS X, but I do hate Apple I guess if everyone was capable of using a windows machine I'd be unemployed so...thank god for dumb people?[/citation]

I agree OS X is a great Operating System, just like Window 7 is a great Operating System TOO.
Dude, some people cant even use their DVD players...let alone Mac OS X or Windows... lets not even get started with Linux.. Some people are just bad with Tech and are lazy to learn.

I used to be a Computer Tech and would deal with all types of people who didn't know sh-it. I am nolonger a computer Tech.. such annoying Job.. Freaking Windows user who have issues are morons. User of Apple products are morons of a different type. I'm a Gamer.... ever since the Atari 2600 and I love tech, been programming since the Apple IIe.....damm I'm so old :D

Enclosing Lazy ignorant Computer user are a blessing and a curse....

G

Great article, thanks for sharing your insights. I agree that with the closed platform it may makes games somewhat more predictable (like on consoles) but for me the price isn't worth it. But I do hope that those mac guys buy into it and we see Valve getting more money and coming out with more amazing things. If I can play it on Windows, Mac or even Linux I really don't care so long as I can play it.

Go Valve!

G

the lack of a graphic api in mac os is a big issue.
have you ever seen how crappy a mac runs bioshock? worse than xbox
i mean i paid $2000 for this!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.