The Mionix Naos QG Mouse And Your Telltale Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick_Bateman

Reputable
Nov 19, 2015
Wow, this mouse is extremely expensive. I can see why there would be demand for a product like this. Unfortunately, I think Mionix went a little too high on the price. I am sure that someone out there would love a mouse like this, but maybe they would love it more if it was in the 2 figure range, not 3.

There'd be little reason for Mionix to develop and release this mouse unless the eula for it's software gives them permission to collect and sell the results of the gathered behavioral data. Kind of like Common Core's notorious (and Orwellian) student datamining program, except marketed to Mionix' unwitting customers.

If so, this mouse's software, especially if working with other typical background programs already in place, could prove to be among the most invasive software ever distributed in a mouse by a mouse manufacturer.

This sounds like an extremely great idea for the future. Imagine a game that changes it's behaviour based on your current state. If you're scared, you run faster but more monsters appear, for example. Or if you're too calm, the game changes its approach and tries to scare you in some other way. (Horror games are the easiest to think)

Status
Not open for further replies.