News The Mirror Maze PC: Building an Ultra-Quiet, Liquid-Cooled PC to Get Lost In

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
>" It comes with mirrored tempered glass panels that, while making it a major pain to photograph, also make it perfect for the mirror maze theme we’re going for...."

Is that Niels' face reflecting off the glass in frame #2? :)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Nice build, minus the fans. Totally undoes the entire build, should have went with a neutral color.

And before you use the "it's the best performing fan" argument, you could have used the money saved by getting cheaper fans to upgrading to a better CPU. You would have had a better performing computer. Or just get fans with LEDs already. White fans with nice LEDs would have complimented the chrome finish very nicely.

Reactions: drivinfast247

everettfsargent

Honorable
Oct 13, 2017
Such a waste of time and money. I spent less then $500US (including tax) and get to 90% of what you get on the CPU side of things (same 3700X). Pre-built system to boot. No time and almost no money.

w_o_t_q

Commendable
Jul 24, 2019
First Mb is total overkill and they don't use water cooling capabilities ... No sense to buy if not use VRM water cooling ... especially in Halo build ... Second vents they look ugly in this case use Lian Li ones ... with RGB they would look much better ... or go with nice RGB form EK or Corsair system ... Lazy job ... ;)

Sep 6, 2020
This build is sweet. Don't mind the fans either, especially with the reflective glass. If going with the Halos though I'd prob just get Arctic P12's.
I'd really like to see more photos of the top fittings of the side rad, and how much clearance there is up there. I'm considering a similar setup but with a 54mm top radiator. Any idea if that would work with this distro plate? I also won't be doing VRM in the loop. Just CPU, GPU, 54mm top and 30mm side rads. Cheers

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
This build is sweet. Don't mind the fans either, especially with the reflective glass. If going with the Halos though I'd prob just get Arctic P12's.
I'd really like to see more photos of the top fittings of the side rad, and how much clearance there is up there. I'm considering a similar setup but with a 54mm top radiator. Any idea if that would work with this distro plate? I also won't be doing VRM in the loop. Just CPU, GPU, 54mm top and 30mm side rads. Cheers
There's a decent bit of clearance around the top fittings of the side radiator, but I don't think you're going to manage a 54mm thick radiator and 30mm side rad with this distro plate. The side rad I used was the EK Coolstream SE 360 rad, which is 28mm thick. With 25mm thick fans on there, there's no room to spare by the side panel, and I honestly doubt you'll fit a 30mm rad there.
As for the top rad, I used the same radiator, but there is a little more space. You can use up to a 40mm radiator according to EKWB, but that wasn't going to work with the halos, so I opted for the thinner radiator. Any thicker than 40mm and you won't be able to properly reach the ports as the ports on the distro plate are too high up for thick top rads -- and even at 40mm, you're going to have a tight bend or need extenders and a 90 degree angled fitting, but it should be manageable.

Sep 6, 2020
There's a decent bit of clearance around the top fittings of the side radiator, but I don't think you're going to manage a 54mm thick radiator and 30mm side rad with this distro plate. The side rad I used was the EK Coolstream SE 360 rad, which is 28mm thick. With 25mm thick fans on there, there's no room to spare by the side panel, and I honestly doubt you'll fit a 30mm rad there.
As for the top rad, I used the same radiator, but there is a little more space. You can use up to a 40mm radiator according to EKWB, but that wasn't going to work with the halos, so I opted for the thinner radiator. Any thicker than 40mm and you won't be able to properly reach the ports as the ports on the distro plate are too high up for thick top rads -- and even at 40mm, you're going to have a tight bend or need extenders and a 90 degree angled fitting, but it should be manageable.

Thank you for the response. I decided to save myself the hassle and just go with the side distro plate. I would've much preferred the front D5 distro, but I really think EK dropped the ball with radiator compatibility with this one. I assumed the SE was 30mm but I checked and it's actually only 26mm, so 30mm definitely won't work unless you go with 15mm thick fans.

aythan09

Reputable
Nov 1, 2016
Im actually chasing this same concept but with a o11dxl case. Noctua fans but Im on the fence about getting/waiting for the Lian Li unifans sl120s?

Where would you place the coolant temperature sensor and which one would you recommend?

JC-

Sep 28, 2020
I've want to replicate this build somewhat, but i cant figure out how you used the "bottom radiator outlet" on the distro.

Did you use that port? If not how did you get the distro to work? The manual explicit states that you need to use one of each port type at least.

Nov 10, 2020
The biggest question I have is how you are connecting the side 360 radiator to the rest of the loop. I don't see any photos with fittings attached, and it appears as though the inlet/outlet ports would run right into the top radiator/top fans. Can you show how you did this?

Globespy

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2017
I'm interested in how you managed to even mount the side rad without having to modify the front USB connections?
I think I saw some other build with the same rad config and he had to dismantle the USB connections and hot glue them back together as the rad would simply not fit without doing this.
Appreciate feedback.

And if they could share pics of how that side rad's connection to the distro with the ports at the top.