The Next HoloLens Will Include A Deep Learning Accelerator

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

HoloLens is DOA -> dead on arrival since day one. I am not sure if anyone is using this in the industry but as far as consumer market goes...don't see it.

G

Anyone smart won't run spyware OS called Windows 10 let alone sophisticated spyware equipment called HoloLens. As far as i am concern MS. can show it somewhere...

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
HoloLens is used a lot in actual research in multiple universities around the world, let alone tech and automotive industries. Yes, the FOV is bad. It was a let down when I tried it, compared to VR tech. But it was the first of its kind. Give it a few years and it'll get better.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

It didn't actually launch until 1 year ago. Microsoft might've hurt themselves by announcing it so far ahead of when it would actually be available to anyone.

As for the reason you don't see it in the consumer market, that's because it's not (yet) an end-user product. It's still just the $3000 SDK that's available. Presumably, the second generation will finally be aimed at consumers.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

I hear that, but let's not pretend Android and Google Glass (or the equivalent AR version of it) is/would be any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.