The Numbers Behind AMD's 2017 Ryzen Insurgency

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craiglortie

Prominent
Dec 22, 2017
hey larry, my computers will never touch steam! i have overseen 4 ryzen builds this year. only 1 of the 4 may make its way onto steam. everyone forgets the esports gamers that don't have to deal with the crapware that steam is.i see over a 100k on the 5 games on my computer, none are steam games. i logged into each of the games just to check how many are on at that time. also more people are building their own pc now because of the price of built pc are not worth what you pay for them.

wvdlinden1

Prominent
Dec 28, 2017
Most people dont build their own pc, most pc's are sold by OEM manufactures and theyre pretty much Intel only at the moment as they usualy lag 2 or so years behind in cpu's. For instance if I search for OEM desktop machines most are equiped with Haswell or Skylake cpu's. Also more important, even if the sales are the same, with the FX serie they were lucky to even make a dollar on a sold cpu, now with the Ryzen and Threadripper series their profit margin increased significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.