[SOLVED] The pc disconnects all my peripheral devices when i am playing.

panosmposkos

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
Hello. I have bought a new pc 2 months ago. My specs are the following:

gigabyte RTX 2070 super oc
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
16 GB RAM
X470 gaming pro(ms-7b79)
Cooler Master MASTERWATT 750W BRONZE 80+
4x120mm (3 of them with LEDs)
HDD 1T
SSD 500GB

peripheral Devices:
Dell SE2719H
Motospeed CK888 (Outemu Red)
Razer Kraken Pro v2
Speaker Element SP-150

The issue started when I download the game called "war thunder". My pc is capable to run it in the highest quality (not including the "movie" one, as is not made for gameplay). This is the most demanding game that I have installed right now. When I am in the match randomly the computer disconnects all the peripherals including the on/off/restart button! I also checked the tower to see if everything is alright and I found out that the CPU creates a gentle smell of burn from the fan when the pc works under pressure of processing graphics. The pc works as it's new and has no frame drops in any game or program. After that occurs the only way to fix it is by cutting the power supply from the GPU.I'm afraid that if this continues, the computer will eventually get damaged. I will love to receive some help from experienced people, unlike me. Thank you.

panosmposkos

Prominent
Oct 12, 2018
What temperatures are you seeing?

Does the following link present your GPU?

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9212/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gaming-oc-review/index.html

Recommended PSU is 650 watts.

Tally up the wattage requirements for all existing components. If a wattage range is given use the high value.

Once totaled add 25% more. How close is that total to 750?
The temperatures are normal. The graphics' card temperature goes between 67-68 degrees celsius the game.

Yes, this is the right GPU.

I have a question. The 650 required watts that you referring to is for the GPU only or the total watt needed for the whole system? In any case, how can I see how much power my computer needs?

Ralston18

Titan
I have started treating the recommended wattage as just for the GPU.

Basically the reason is that if there are problems and the PSU does not meet the manufacturer's "recommendation" then the GPU manufacturer can simply claim the problem is the system/PSU and not the GPU. [Cynicism conceded.]

PSU's are rated but generally that rating is established under ideal circumstances and the ability of the PSU's individual components to hold up under sustained high loads can be questionable. Especially with low end, discounted products.

The PSU will degrade and its abilities to support the system will become questionable and all sorts of errors and problems can result. All the more so if there is some threshold value involved: Load = 450 watts, okay. Load = 460 watts, not okay.

As for determining the computer's power needs you have to look at each installed component and find the applicable wattage specifications. Generally there is some statement regarding the component's individual power requirements: Sometimes provided as a wattage range. If a range the use the high end value.

There are online calculators to help you tally up the wattages and there are some generic values that can be used as well if no specific value can be found. Then I add in 25% more to the total just for a "safety margin" and room for growth.

No harm in crunching the numbers manually and then working through two or three online calculators to achieve a wattage consensus.

Having a higher wattage PSU is seldom an issue especially if the PSU is a known and well rated product.

That is my approach to it all. There may be other ideas and suggestions. I have no problems with that.