The Return of the 1280x1024 Monitors... But With Touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one can read apparently.

"iiyama has also certified the unit with IP54 dust and water protection. Clearly, this monitor is intended for industrial applications."

The newegg POS ones don't do this, the suggestion for an AIO doesn't do this. These are not a desktop monitor, so why everyone is comparing them to a desktop PC seems to show the lack of attention span of most people on articles. Read a sentence, jump to comments.

AJSB

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
WTF...my 1st comment was erased ?!?

Anyway...

1280x1024 screens NEVER stopped be made even with the 16:9 frenzy.

A++S , A++r and a bunch of companies make them...many of them are 17" or 19" , 5ms, LED , DVI-D + VGA , build-in speakers (not that i want to use any kind of build-in speakers)...and they cost 100-150 bucks.

Granted, no touch screen but since when i want to fill my screen with fingerprints ? :p

As you might noticed , i have a thing about these screens....yeah, it's the ONLY type of PC monitors i use and i will NEVER use 16:9....5:4 is much better for reading/writing long columns of text , they are also better when you are closer to screen, and screens occupy less space in the desktop.

This is why they are the favorite size used in offices or majority professional applications....but even for games, i prefer them because less pixels = more FPS....

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I am still using my 19" 1280x1024 monitor on my desktop, never once wanted to upgrade to a higher resolution. It's a great for my desk, how close I sit to my monitor, and most importantly, doesn't require a high-end GPU to max games at a relatively low resolution.

waterwiz

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Having worked in industrial environments that are hostile to anything electronic, the reviewed monitor is truely a good thing. I currently work with water and wastewater, but spent 22 years in machine shops previously. Reliability is crucial in the workplace. As a failure could cause catastrophic damage to man and machine.

Spac3nerd

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
As some have already mentioned, this display is meant to industrial use. It's not something your local shop would use on a POS machine, or something that the average user would buy. The price point is not unreasonable for its intended customers.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Enough with the different aspect ratios already! Draw a rectangle on a control group's faces that encompass both of each persons eyes. Take the average aspect ratio of all the rectangles. Done.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Enough with the different aspect ratios already! Draw a rectangle on a control group's faces that encompass both of each persons eyes. Take the average aspect ratio of all the rectangles. Done.

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
we need 1440p, geez, again.

We need screen that won't put finger prints all over it. The touch screen should be designed to be a near touch.

Grade 6 called, they want their reading skills back. These things are for industrial applications.

Ya, because all POS systems in stores need to be waterproof and heavy duty rated.

I think there is like 2 people that have actually gotten what these monitors are for and about, everyone else can't seem to read.

coolitic

Distinguished
May 10, 2012
Wait, so for touch-screen on a smart phone (which includes cpu, storage, ram, etc.) cost like $100, but these guys are trying to sell it for over $1000.

Yeah, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.