The Silverstone RVZ01 or RV05

Marinooben

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
That case should i get? The Silverstone Raven 05 or The Raven z01 /RV05-RVZ01
The RV05 is 80$ more and in a ATX case. The RVZ01 is a Mini-ITX case/HTPC case

g-unit1111

Titan

Based on the current model I am guessing most likely around the $100 mark. I do agree that it looks awesome. I very badly want to do an SFF build.

g-unit1111

Titan

You got to make sure your card fits in your case first, then worry about the cooler second. The bad thing about going with such a small form factor is that it limits what you can buy. A three-fan Windforce won't fit in an mITX case.

logainofhades

Titan

The RVZ01 supports cards up to 12.99" long. The Gigabyte windforce 3x, 970, is 12.20" long. Personally, I am interested in seeing if one could fit a 120mm AIO cooler if using Gigabyte's ITX version of the 970. :lol:

g-unit1111

Titan

I would think you'd need Ant-Man to shrink down a system like that, right? :lol:

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah me too. I have my spare 3570K and 8GB of RAM that I can use toward this build, but finding a Z77 mITX motherboard is going to be difficult. :lol:

logainofhades

Titan
I haven't had much luck in that area either. I will have to wait till summer, at the earliest, to do a rebuild. I am thinking Xeon 1231v3 with an H97 ITX board, or a 4790k bundle deal from Microcenter. My next build is going to have to last me awhile. I have '79 Bronco project to work on, and need to focus my funds on finishing it.