The Top 10 of iPad Top Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]I see the price of the Kindle DX dropping substanially[/citation]
I see myself buying a Kindle DX when that happens.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Thanks for puting them into a post instead of posing them in 10 posts...

so people can decide to read them or just skip all of them together.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Seriously, you can not expect to confine a list of shortcomings longer that a laundry list to fit within a reasonable short comment.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
[citation][nom]razorblaze42[/nom]I see the price of the Kindle DX dropping substanially[/citation]
I doubt it.

The Kindle fills the niche of a well-made e-reader, using e-ink and featuring "free" (yet slightly crippled) wireless internet access.

The iPad fills the niche of a highly-portable media machine, which is also capable of light computing.

sactownbwoy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
What I don't understand is why people keep comparing the Kindle to the ipad. They are not in the same class. The Kindle was never marketed to be able to browse the internet or watch movies or listen to music. It is and was markted as an ebook, meaning it has one single purpose and that is for the owners of it to be able to read books on it. That is all. The ipad is neither a ebook nor is it a netbook. It is a larger ipod touch, plain and simple. Can you read on it yes but that does not mean it is in the same class as the Kindle. It is a MID (multimedia internet device) The sooner people understand that the better. I am getting tired of people comparing it to ebook readers and netbooks/notebooks.

sactownbwoy

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
What I don't understand is why people keep comparing the Kindle to the ipad. They are not in the same class. The Kindle was never marketed to be able to browse the internet or watch movies or listen to music. It is and was markted as an ebook, meaning it has one single purpose and that is for the owners of it to be able to read books on it. That is all. The ipad is neither a ebook nor is it a netbook. It is a larger ipod touch, plain and simple. Can you read on it yes but that does not mean it is in the same class as the Kindle. It is a MID (multimedia internet device) The sooner people understand that the better. I am getting tired of people comparing it to ebook readers and netbooks/notebooks.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
I think I have been overly critical of the iPad in previous posts, so instead of giving it daft names like the iEd, iFail, iPaid (too much), etc etc, maybe some genuine alternate working names.

iTab
iReader
iApp
iScreen
iShit

Sorry, couldn't help myself

boredreader

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]I think I have been overly critical of the iPad in previous posts, so instead of giving it daft names like the iEd, iFail, iPaid (too much), etc etc, maybe some genuine alternate working names.iTabiReaderiAppiScreeniShitSorry, couldn't help myself[/citation]

that last one made me laugh. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.