The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Basavraj

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014
I cannot log on to windows 7 on my PC. I am the admin and have my password. My user profile is the only admin; I have my password but get a message "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." I can only access windows 7 with a non admin user profile set up for my granddaughter and cannot change or download anything. Can you help?

Solution
Many duplicates of this posted. Content reposted here:
Seen this a few times.
Depending on when and how long it started.
The other quick fix is to log in to windows under safe mode.

This can be done when powering up the computer of laptop, by tapping the F8 key of the keyboard till you are presented
With a list of options on what mode ect to boot windows.

Select safe mode.

Where it should allow windows to load.

You can then go to windows backup and restore.
Select a prior restore point before the date the problem first happened.

Be aware any important data by you or another user may be removed that was put on the system after the selected restore date.

The user profile log on error should be corrected allowing you to...
Many duplicates of this posted. Content reposted here:
Seen this a few times.
Depending on when and how long it started.
The other quick fix is to log in to windows under safe mode.

This can be done when powering up the computer of laptop, by tapping the F8 key of the keyboard till you are presented
With a list of options on what mode ect to boot windows.

Select safe mode.

Where it should allow windows to load.

You can then go to windows backup and restore.
Select a prior restore point before the date the problem first happened.

Be aware any important data by you or another user may be removed that was put on the system after the selected restore date.

The user profile log on error should be corrected allowing you to log into the user account after a system restore selection.

sir could you tell me the steps to do above solution please please please....?

Solution

ruthfaith

Reputable
May 15, 2014

nsemrau

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
This worked for me. Thank you for your help!!

nsharpley

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
I encountered this issue with any new account logging on, ie. one that was not already cached.

The solution was to use Windows Easy Transfer from another PC where the user had already logged on.

This "fooled" the problem PC into thinking the account was already cached and the profile already created.

ITSolutionsPro

Reputable
Oct 30, 2014
Hi everyone,

I already asked my question on another thread about this insane issue, it seems there are many of these on this forum; maybe the web master can group them together???

Thanks.

And oh yes, most importantly, HELP!!!!!!

DebM

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
Unfortunately I don't have an answer. My computer is doing the same thing and I got into Safe Mode with the login but it won't allow me to create another User account. Tried restoring but that didn't fix the problem. If someone could find a fix for this it would be much appreciated.

tbrick

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
I had this problem. Boot in safe mode (f8), choose administrator, then system restore & reboot, chose an option from last month, then rebooted twice. My computer works fine now and it only took 15 minutes. I have a Dell inspiron n5110 laptop with windows 7

Iegit

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I'm having this problem but when I press f8 repeatedly it just pops up an option of my two SDDs that I want to boot from and thats it. What can I do?

A N Ramanujam

Reputable
Mar 21, 2015

Sherry_1

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Relma_

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

k3nw33ks

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017