The Witcher 2 Officially Announced: Dev. Diary #0

Status
Not open for further replies.

demosthenes81

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
too bad they scrapped rise of the white wolf my old comp diddnt run the witcher at 1920x1080 very well and anything less looks bad on my Dell S2409w but mebe ill pick up the original on steam now since i gave my old copy away

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Read the books. Looks like this will be following 'The Blood of Elves.'

I have to say that the books are amazing. Thank god the first game was amazing. Though I am sad for the day when the stories world becomes a Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance franchise.

G

How do you make a mature game these days that stores won't sell to kids?

Gruesome violence? Nah, that's completely fine. You gotta make sure you stick some boobs in it.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
I haven't even gotten around to playing the first yet (big backlog), but the second looks like it could be great.

(also I hate how they put spoilers in their trailer, so I've never watched the whole thing lol)

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I'm playing the first game now. Haven't really gotten into it yet. People say it's better than Dragon Age, but I don't see it yet. But I'll keep with it.

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I'm playing the first game now. Haven't really gotten into it yet. People say it's better than Dragon Age, but I don't see it yet. But I'll keep with it.[/citation]

Keep with it, trust me the game has a plot line like no other. Bioware games do have excellent stories but The Witcher is just as good and more 'grown up'. And by grown up I don't mean being able to sleep with women or having a splattering of bad language but without giving to much away the storyline and the decisions you make in the game aren't black and white and choices you make early in the game will have unexpected results latter in the game.

[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]I played the first game for about an hour before I got so bored.... I am sure it was a great game I just couldn't get into it.[/citation]

I was board of Mass Effect after the first hour but I did stick with it and it game good in the end, with any RPG you need to stick with them to get use to how the controls work and see how the plot line spans out.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]I played the first game for about an hour before I got so bored.... I am sure it was a great game I just couldn't get into it.[/citation]

Bahhh I say you should have given it more time, depending on how long it took you in Kaer Morhen, which you might not have even passed through, you REALLY didn't get to see much im afraid, I encourage you to give it another go.

I can't wait at all for The Witcher 2, holy crap I just can't wait. I haven't played the enhanced version yet, just installed, giving it another go :)

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
It's hard to watch the dev diary, read the subtitle and listen to a language I don't know... the game looks good though but I haven't even played the first one.

long2know

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I liked the first one better than Dragon Age as well. I think it may have been the gratuitous sex or something ...

Personally, I'm avoiding this and Dragon Age 2. I spent about 100 hours each on the Witcher and Dragon Age 1. I don't want to get sucked back into a game that involved at the moment.

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Did they end up fixing the first? I got the Witcher when it first came out, and while I liked it a lot, I remember it being SUPER buggy. I gave up on it...maybe I should pull it off the shelf and dust it off?

Teirdome

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I enjoyed the first one, but my favorite part of it was the sex that couldn't have real consequences (due to Geralt's witcher mutations) in a game built around consequences. Such an odd juxtaposition.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]the associate[/nom]Bahhh I say you should have given it more time, depending on how long it took you in Kaer Morhen, which you might not have even passed through, you REALLY didn't get to see much im afraid, I encourage you to give it another go.I can't wait at all for The Witcher 2, holy crap I just can't wait. I haven't played the enhanced version yet, just installed, giving it another go[/citation]

I might do that if I can scrounge up enough time, my life is so hectic sometimes I have weeks of nothing and being bored out of my skull followed by days where I am lucky to get 5 hours of sleep because there just isn't enough time to get everything done. (unfortunately for me I am in that 5 hour period right now...) but it really did seem like a great game.

tj_the_first

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
The Witcher was an awesome game (not perfect) with awesome characters. It's right up there with Mass Effect and BioShock for story but Geralt is the best lead character I've ever played as. I'll be supporting them and putting my money in their pockets to keep making RPG games I love instead of shooter hybrids like ME2 & BS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.