There is an orange LED on my ASUS Strix B350-F motherboard and I don't how to or if I should turn it off

Jul 7, 2018
FULL SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600 w/ stock cooler @ 3.85GHz
1X8GB Crucial 2400MHz DDR4
ASUS Strix B350-F AM4
GALAX GTX 1060 6GB OC
Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650W 80+ Bronze Modular PSU

Recently I built my PC and there is an orange light on my ASUS Strix B350-F motherboard that i want to turn off as it is an eyesore and makes my build look worse. It is in the bottom right corner of the motherboard and I need an answer as it is really annoying me. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
It's the standby power LED
asus-b350-f-gaming-3d-large.jpg

If it's not in the BIOS, it's not possible to turn off.

SkittishGaming

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
Well in that case, you have to either:
a) let it be, visuals are really not that important
b) remove the LED - Could be done, but there is a good chance you would void your warranty
c) color/cover it up - just grab some spray paint, or whatever, just cover it up.
I'm not sure about this, but the pwr led probably doesn't go through any IC, it just goes directly from the 5v main, meaning that there is no software way to shut it down, but again, this is just an assumption, I really don't feel like going through the Motherboard datasheet :D

Lutfij

Titan
^ Option B/C, are you serious? Damaging a perfectly good board for an LED? FYI, modifying the board in any manner, shape or form automatically voids your warranty. Spray painting it or removing the diode falls under that condition of voiding.

What happened with suggesting a little bit of gaffers tape to cover the infringing LED?

SkittishGaming

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

Option B is an option that cancels itself out in the post. Option C is pretty much the tape, just cover it up.

Jul 7, 2018

The led im talking about is right above cha_fan 2&3