Question There is something wrong with my gpu...HELP!

May 13, 2019
Ok, so I decided to build a PC. I got a used RX 570 for around 130 bucks as i remember. When I finished the build and powered on the PC, everything seemed fine. Yesterday I went to download and install the drivers for the gpu. (yes, i downloaded the correct ones) And during the installing process, the installation stopped. Also, when i go to the device manager, there is a small yellow sign next to my gpu. Every time i try to update the drivers, it ends up unsuccessfully. I can't run any games, and in the properties of the gpu it says "This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem", and it also says "code 43".
Someone please help me fix this! Thanks!

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
If you have another Desktop that your GPU fits in, try it on that and see if you can load the drivers and everything and if it isn't working still then it might be your internet connection or the gpu itself isn't functioning properly

May 13, 2019
If you have another Desktop that your GPU fits in, try it on that and see if you can load the drivers and everything and if it isn't working still then it might be your internet connection or the gpu itself isn't functioning properly
I am sure that internet connection isn't a problem, and unfortunately I don't have another desktop. Any other solutions?

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Go to Device manager then open the Driver tab and then click the Uninstall button. This will remove the current driver software from your computer.
Next, you have to put it back. Close that window and in the main Device Manager window click Action > Scan for hardware changes. Windows will notice that the Graphics device is lacking driver software and will hopefully reinstall it.OR after removing the current driver's, reinstall the correct drivers you downloaded

May 13, 2019
Go to Device manager then open the Driver tab and then click the Uninstall button. This will remove the current driver software from your computer.
Next, you have to put it back. Close that window and in the main Device Manager window click Action > Scan for hardware changes. Windows will notice that the Graphics device is lacking driver software and will hopefully reinstall it.OR after removing the current driver's, reinstall the correct drivers you downloaded
I have already tried that and it doesn't work. The same thing happens...During the installation it says "Unsuccessful"

May 13, 2019
And in the properties it says this as well "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Here are some other solutions...

1. Check if the gpu connected properly.
  2. Install the older driver version
  3. Block windows from automatically updating your drivers
  4. Check the gpu temperature as it sometimes causes problems.
  5. Select your display adapter and click search automatically for updated driver software
  6. Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter
  7. Uninstall Lucid VIRTU VMP software
  8. See if there are any Windows updates
If all of the above don't work then I'm all out. :)