[SOLVED] There's a problem: Reboot and Select proper Boot device, or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

Jan 11, 2020
Okay,

I just built a gaming pc yesterday and I'm have problems with "Reboot and Select proper Boot device, or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key".
I then went to the MSI Click Bios 5 and pick Hard Disk: SATA SSD for my Boot Priority because it's the only one I have, but it's still telling me to Reboot and Select proper Boot device.

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong??

Solution
Unless you have installed an operating system on that SATA SSD you will get that message. If you are attempting to reuse a Windows install on that SATA SSD, that usually doesn't work.
Jan 11, 2020
Unless you have installed an operating system on that SATA SSD you will get that message. If you are attempting to reuse a Windows install on that SATA SSD, that usually doesn't work.
There's no way I installed an operating system on my SSD because I actually haven't gotten to actually be on my computer, because right when I turn it on it tells me that same message, then like I said I go to MSI Click Bios 5 I put SATA SSD as my boot priority and doesn't work.
Maybe I'm not understanding?? Thanks, this is my first gaming pc so I'm sure I won't understand things like that. Anymore ideas?

USAFRet

Titan
There's no way I installed an operating system on my SSD because I actually haven't gotten to actually be on my computer, because right when I turn it on it tells me that same message, then like I said I go to MSI Click Bios 5 I put SATA SSD as my boot priority and doesn't work.
Maybe I'm not understanding?? Thanks, this is my first gaming pc so I'm sure I won't understand things like that. Anymore ideas?
Right.
You need to actually install an operating system on the drive.
It currently has nothing to boot from, and is asking for that.

Jan 11, 2020
Okay how do I do that exactly?
Right.
You need to actually install an operating system on the drive.
It currently has nothing to boot from, and is asking for that.

Okay, I read it but I'm not understanding how they got to the browser to get to the link to install windows 10.