[SOLVED] THERMAL LEFT AMD AM4 CPU Mount Upgrade

r7litepro

Honorable
Nov 5, 2016
so, in January i will visit my folks / old man ( 80yr old dad had an acv, recovered playing games ) with a brand new gaming PC ( already have all the part$) im was going to use the stock crappy 3600 cooler for the build, but THEN i remembered i left 3! THERMALRIGHT coolers at home!!! One is the ultra 120, so i asked THERMALRIGHT ( email) if they could send one retention kit.... the reply:

Yes, Ultra 120 can be installed on the Asrock motherboard but you need the am4 mounting kit.
And during the COVID-19 we can’t send anything to Argentina.
Thank you for supporting us
Sincerely,
Varick

:( i just can find the kit over here and even if i could magical find one it would cost twice my current Id Cooling Se 214 ... any idea how to find this elusive am4 kit? such a great cooler a total waste not to use it!
thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Just use the stock cooler for the time being. Unless you're running wicked OC, it should be fine.

If you want it ultra quiet, most any 120mm tower coolers should do the trick. I initially used a Deep Cool GAMMAXX 400 V2 for my 3600 but has since then moved up to a Noctua NH-U14S.

r7litepro

Honorable
Nov 5, 2016
If I were you, I'd try and contact Thermalright again and ask them for the part number, armed with that number, you should look for it off of Ebay. That's the only way I can think of to get your Thermalright cooler back in business.
thanks, i will try again, but im not really expecting another reply.... it seems they used to give this kits http://thermalright.com/2017/02/21/thermalright-amd-am4-cpu-mount-upgrade/ but not anymore , maybe they are out of stock. also covid! :/

Where did you buy all the parts and how long ago? If you're still inside the 30 days return window in case one part is DOA I would build that system and fast.

This is why buying all the parts together and building the system right away is important. I saw a friend getting a DOA CPU and Board and couldn't return them to Amazon because it was after 30 days and had to do the RMA to the part's company instead and it took almost 2 months.

Reactions: r7litepro

r7litepro

Honorable
Nov 5, 2016
Where did you buy all the parts and how long ago? If you're still inside the 30 days return window in case one part is DOA I would build that system and fast.

This is why buying all the parts together and building the system right away is important. I saw a friend getting a DOA CPU and Board and couldn't return them to Amazon because it was after 30 days and had to do the RMA to the part's company instead and it took almost 2 months.

i think i got one from performance pcs, but it was looooooong time ago, this are not new coolers but the ultra 120 is still a beast, i just have all the boxes , they are all just gathering dust now :(

edit maybe i could 3d print a base for the small xp90...

Last edited:

r7litepro

Honorable
Nov 5, 2016
If I were you, I'd try and contact Thermalright again and ask them for the part number, armed with that number, you should look for it off of Ebay. That's the only way I can think of to get your Thermalright cooler back in business.

update . great support from this guys. at least they are answering my mails... but no luck: 1 there is no part number for this item, and 2) they will not ship it over here, even if i pay! because its too expensive they say... ???

my reply was thanks. strange thing . im literally seen a billion of... yes international youtube givaways for nvidia / amds gpus... even 3090 ...this are huge ass boxes btw... i wonder how those guys do it...? sounds like a lame excuse for such a small item , but then again it might be true... or maybe they can even bottler ...

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
Just use the stock cooler for the time being. Unless you're running wicked OC, it should be fine.

If you want it ultra quiet, most any 120mm tower coolers should do the trick. I initially used a Deep Cool GAMMAXX 400 V2 for my 3600 but has since then moved up to a Noctua NH-U14S.

Solution

r7litepro

Honorable
Nov 5, 2016

i really need this bracket. so i will pay for a po box from Miami and offer that address... i want to hear what they have to say to that.

TRENDING THREADS