Thermal Paste Removal/Installation Guide

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

You mean you don't use any thermal paste? If yes then you must be retarded

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

*Alcohol.
And why don't you use it? There's nothing wrong with it, and I bet you just leave some bits of dry thermal paste because you don't use alcohol.

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Getting "Ok temps" doesn't mean the will be "Ok" for every other CPU, specially the ones with overclock.
And alcohol is not "sh*tty", it actually helps cleaning quite a lot.

Dkfan241

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
Thx for help! I'm so stupid, I thought the thermal paste would make the cpu cooler stuck to the cpu >_<, I'm kinda a noob but I know the basics like graphics cards, CPUs , the differnce of what CPUs go on what motherboards like 1150 and 2011 boards, ssds are faster then a HHd, types power supplys, and what some of the best cpu coolers are. Now I just need to learn how to over clock the fudge out out of graphics cards and CPUs! Again Thx for the help! :p

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

not to mention also leaving behind debris from the napkins all over the surface of the CPU and where ever else it was near, Napkins are also static generators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS